The Program Manager will manage an expected Community Support Program contract task orders in Lebanon, and provide technical direction and overall leadership to the program. Additionally, they will ensure successful implementation of the program, and, as requested, participate in efforts to develop new programs.
This position is pending award through USAID.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides strategic direction and leadership to ensure all project goals and objectives meet Blumont’s and USAID’s standards and objectives;
- Ensures implementation of targeted strategies to respond to stabilization priorities as identified by key stakeholders;
- Facilitates collaborative partnerships between government, community, donor, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Ensures that all policies and practices instituted are compliant with USAID’s performance monitoring, policy and compliance programming requirements set forth in the USAID Automated Directives System (ADS) and other rules and regulations;
- Ensures the strategy for capacity building of national staff to achieve project quality and to build sustainable national technical, administrative and management talent;
- Manages and leads staff, consultants and contractors to ensure efficient and timely implementation of project;
- Provides policy guidance, training and ongoing guidance to each of the Office staff members;
- Conducts the project needs assessment for project implementation according to the contract;
- Ensures the timeliness, cost and quality of all activities performed under the project;
- Liaises with USAID, regional and central authorities, other development organizations involved in similar assistance programs in the region, and local communities to ensure support, coordination and satisfaction;
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports to Blumont HQ;
- Prepares quarterly and/or semiannual reports according to contract requirements;
- Identifies new projects and makes recommendations as needed;
- Prepares annual work plan and budget that identify key objectives, responsible staff, deliverables and potential roadblocks; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited university is required. A degree in a field relevant to the position is highly desirable;
- At least 8 years of experience working on technical assistance and support services to USG and community beneficiaries;
- At least 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience managing staff;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage challenging projects involving both public and private sector stakeholders, particularly in the Middle East;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in policy analysis and dialogue with host country governments;
- Experience directly collaborating with host country government representatives;
- Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English communications skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate and influence;
- Strong computer skills, including ease and skill in using word Excel spreadsheets, email, the Internet, Windows applications;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of project development, grant administration and management procedures as well as a mastery of the principles, methods, practices, and operational procedures of a variety of successful private business enterprises, NGOs or development programs;
- Demonstrated experience in service provision and economic development contracts or grants;
- Demonstrated understanding of regional geopolitical issues and nuances;
- Experience in stabilization and violence prevention programming.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Master’s degree;
- Experience in Lebanon;
- Prior experience in USAID funded contracts;
- Experience jointly coordinating and collaborating with civil-military-host country stakeholders;
- Experience training staff;
- Fluency in French and Arabic.
- Must be innovative and resourceful in creating an awareness of new initiatives which respond to the needs and practices of project beneficiaries;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, take direction, assume leadership, and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership;
- Ability to train and facilitate dialogue among a diverse group of individuals with various skill sets and work styles;
- High motivation, initiative, and adaptability.
- This position will be based in Beirut but it is expected that the candidate will be required to travel outside the city up to 30% of the time.
- Normal Office Conditions.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org