Responsible for direct project management, management of a portfolio of projects and associated project managers, business development and technical.
Primary Objective/Position Summary The Senior Manager, Programmes will be responsible for direct project management, management of a portfolio of projects and associated project managers, business development and technical implementation of activities.
The primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee delivery of assigned portfolio of projects.
- Directly manage Senior Consultants, Consultants and Junior Consultants, as assigned, to manage and successfully deliver projects and programmes.
- Serve as project Director as assigned.
- Reviews and confirms project objectives, scope and work plan with Team Leader and client.
- Defines project strategy, objectives, scope and budgets.
- Conducts quality assurance for technical assistance, training and deliverables.
- Identifies project resource requirements (cross-functionally) and coordinate with corporate management to assure that the most appropriate resources are assigned to specific project roles.
- Oversees project financial strategy and management and plans for profitable portfolio.
- Delegates appropriate level of autonomy and decision-making to ensure that project issues are promptly and adequately handled and quality of work is effectively achieved.
- Recognizes and acts decisively in urgent matters, making decisions with may influence the direction of the engagement, and including senior management as appropriate.
- Assesses and manages project risks relative to client and donor requirements.
- Seeks regular client feedback and uses it to manage projects and portfolio.
- Identifies and mitigates business risks associated with projects.
- Cooperates with Manager, Strategic Growth and Programme Delivery, other Business Units and other Regions within the Division to identify and act on client opportunities across service lines and industries.
- Identifies leads matching the company’s services to the needs of the marketplace.
- Applies innovative and flexible approaches to identifying and pursuing new business opportunities.
- Leads technical writing and develops proposal strategies.
- Keeps abreast of what the competition is offering to enhance proposals and services offered and interprets client feedback to prioritize and strengthen proposals.
- Leads proposal team efforts to develop winning bids and achieve budget targets.
- Develops win themes consistent with client market trends and ensures win themes are clearly and consistently applied throughout the proposal.
- Demonstrates ability to negotiate with and influence senior client management.
- Serves as relationship manager for long-term key client partnerships.
- Leverages client relationship to grow the business and meets client needs by acting with a sense of urgency, pragmatism and integrity.
- Selects and manages appropriate staff in global business development activities.
- Provides strategic direction and management to projects and identifies appropriate tools and/or content based on best practices and experience.
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Identifies and manages input to develop innovative, analytical approaches to complex problems.
- Evaluates options with client and produces technical assistance, training and deliverables that reflect donor and beneficiary client needs.
- Ensures deliverables match with engagement scope and client expectations.
- Builds plan for follow-up to ensure that changes implemented will be sustainable. o Anticipates barriers to change, devises plans to address change and ensures client acceptance of the change process.
- Corporate and Financial Management:
- Assists Business Unit Manager with strategy and operational plan development and implementation.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation to achieve shared business objectives. Demonstrates leadership skills in the management of project teams, providing constructive feedback and mentoring. Transfers knowledge to junior team members.
- Leads internal and external presentations to positively influence client decisions and personnel perceptions.
- Identifies service line resource needs, develops and leads initiatives across other service lines to address business objectives.
- Successfully manages conflicts by effectively utilizing and appropriately directing resources.
- Proactively plans budgets and participates in key service line functions.
- Contributes toward financial performance of the entire business.
- People Management
- Values people by demonstrating a genuine and active concern for others and their opinions/ideas.
- Empowers people by sharing info and knowledge.
- Builds Cardno’s reputation as employer of choice, by allowing for risk-taking/independence in achieving goals by developing staff capabilities and providing opportunities.
- Provides candid, timely, and constructive feedback and evaluations.
- Ensures that necessary resources are in place to implement planned activities.
- Effectively manage assigned Team Leaders and internal resources.
- Eminence Building:
- Actively participates in relevant eminence building activities.
- Promotes Cardno International Development to clients, partners and counterparts, and potential staff.
Master’s degree in Economics, International Relations, Public Administration or related field required.
You will bring:
- Proven experience working with major international donors (DFID experience preferred).
- Proven experience in managing large scale, multi-country, donor funded programmes.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Excellent conceptual, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the English language required. Proficiency in a foreign desirable.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- UK work authorization required. Please list any required computer skills, experience.
- Computer Skills
- MS Office Suite and other software knowledge to utilize a database and produce requisite reports.
- Proven depth of International Development experience is required and preferably with a technical expertise.
- Team leadership, specifically managing and directing teams at strategic level for multiple programme management.
- Financially savvy with proven oversight of financial strategy, management planning and compliance for donor programmes.
- Strategic approach to identifying, leading and writing, innovative, donor business proposals, specifically DFID.
- Proven experience of managing client relationships and stakeholder expectations, acting on feedback and improving processes for excellence.
- Strong people management skills, recognising the value of mentoring, empowerment and team contribution.
- Willingness to contribute and promote Cardno International Development to clients, partners, counterparts and as an employer of choice.
- Sophisticated Communication skills and ability to deliver presentations to clients and other stakeholders
- Strong Negotiation and Influencing skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org