The World Economic Forum LLC is committed to improving the state of the world by engaging industry, government and civil society leaders in partnerships to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The World Economic Forum Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (the “Center”) aims to co-design governance protocols and policy frameworks that will be piloted by governments, businesses, and other stakeholders around the world in order to shape the trajectory of emerging technologies in the global public interest.
The Center is looking to hire Community Specialists to join our project teams, on topics including Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Internet of Things and Connected Devices, Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology, Autonomous and Urban Mobility, Precision Medicine, and Drones and Tomorrow’s Airspace. Community Specialists will each support two project teams in community building and engaging constituents in the development of innovative multi-stakeholder solutions to address global challenges. These are high visibility roles, which will place you on the front line of engaging with global leaders driving the trajectory of emerging technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project management support by keeping timelines; track actions needed to achieve milestones and objectives for the team
- Excel as a coordinator, adviser and collaborator for team-led initiatives and projects
- Provide administrative support, including arranging conference calls and meetings, taking minutes, updating information in Salesforce, and preparing PowerPoint presentations
- Update important team documents, such as project dashboards and marketing materials
- Work to develop team-related processes as required and act as a point-person to share knowledge across the team and Forum
- Manage event invitations and logistics for Regional and Annual Forum meetings, external workshops and stakeholder meetings organized by the team
- Help manage the Forum’s digital platforms by curating content and engaging with the community
- Contribute to the use of digital and traditional media to disseminate content and generate interest in team’s activities
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in a science or technology discipline, or Public Policy, International Relations or related fields
- At least three years of professional experience, including some experience working in or with a specific region or global issue, and involving administrative and coordination support
- Strategic and creative skills in project management, research, writing and presentation
- Outstanding command of written and spoken English; knowledge of other languages would be an asset
- Flexibility, self-starting attitude and the interpersonal, organizational and cross-cultural collaboration skills needed to work in a fast-paced, demanding, international environment
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of recent digital platforms, including Salesforce, is an advantage
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Experience working on one or more of the Center’s project areas (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Internet of Things and Connected Devices, Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology, Autonomous and Urban Mobility, Precision Medicine, and Drones and Tomorrow’s Airspace)
- Previous interaction with government officials or C-suite executives
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org