Expected start date: 1 March 2018
Type: Internship – 4 months
Building upon a strong foundation of science, partnership and field demonstration, Conservation International (CI) empowers societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the well-being of people. Founded in 1987, CI is headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area and employs more than 900 staff in 30 countries on six continents, and has nearly 1,000 partners around the world. CI Europe (CIE) leads CI’s engagement with European partners - European Union institutions, European governments and other key stakeholders - on policy, partnerships and funding opportunities relevant to CI’s global mission.
We are currently looking for an intern to take part in a 4-month work placement in our office in Brussels. Working in close coordination with the Coordinator for Operations & Communications, the intern will support the CI Europe team in a range of internal and external communication activities and events.
- Support the CI Europe team in carrying out communication activities including, but not limited to: gathering input from the team for internal and external communication tools, using information provided by team members to write short texts for communications purposes, draft communication materials (e.g. newsletters, blogs), etc.;
- Support the development of an overall communication plan for CI Europe, including the development and implementation of a social media strategy, and make recommendations to help increase the visibility of CI Europe activities across key audiences including media, policymakers, and donors;
- Participate in the planning and implementation of CI Europe events such as conferences, workshops, receptions, high-level visits, etc.;
- Draft communications materials for donor engagement with focus on the Dutch market.
This 4-month internship is offered within the framework of a Belgian “Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle” (link here). The internship is unpaid, but €800 net per month will be provided to cover living costs. The intern is expected to start on 1st March 2018.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, journalism or related disciplines;
- Familiarity with environment and sustainability topics, fundraising, and NGO working environment;
- Excellent writing, editing, translating and verbal communications skills;
- Good infographic skills;
- Highly developed ability to synthesize large amounts of technical information (e.g. policy documentation, research, etc.) into clear and concise communication materials (e.g. blogs, presentations, factsheets, etc.) for a variety of target audiences;
- Native-level Dutch and excellent English language skills are required, good level of another European language is an asset;
- Organisational skills, team spirit, willingness to learn and work in a dynamic and international environment, under occasional tight deadlines;
- Candidates must be EU nationals or have a valid work permit for Belgium.
As we pursue our vision and mission, we are guided by these essential and values:
- Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms;
- Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences;
- Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions;
- Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results;
- Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and a sample of your past writing and graphic design works by 2 February 2018. Shortlisted candidates only will be contacted for interviews, taking place between 5 and 9 February 2018. Incomplete application will not be considered.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org