Start date: May 2017 (preferably)
The American Chamber of Commerce to the European Union (AmCham EU) speaks for American companies committed to Europe on trade, investment and competitiveness issues. It aims to ensure a growth-orientated business and investment climate in Europe. It is a membership-led, membership-driven organisation.
AmCham EU is seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to lead its work in the area of communications and stakeholder outreach. The Director serves as an integral part of the senior management team and reports directly to the CEO. He/she will lead a department which is responsible for: our external relations strategy – stakeholders and outreach; designing and implementing strategies to recruit and retain members; sales and sponsorship; events; marketing; superior internal communications and audience engagement.
- Leads and ensures execution of a relevant external stakeholder outreach and relationship strategy to meet advocacy objectives and raise visibility;
- Leads and implements internal (member) engagement strategy;
- Creates and distributes relevant information and materials with targeted delivery tools with a focus on online and social media presence;
- Manages and leads the production and design team to meet the organisation’s objectives;
- Ensures overall quality control of all AmCham EU’s communications output;
- Oversees branding strategy and perception of the organisation with all stakeholders;
- Oversees our ‘channel-driven’ groups, including outreach to European AmChams;
- Delivers well-executed, well-attended events relevant to organisational needs;
- Recruits, retains and serves members; sets and meets targets.
- Strategic planning and project management;
- Knowledge and understanding of the EU stakeholder environment;
- Creative and flexible communications skills both verbal and written;
- Sales/business development/marketing/PR experience;
- Highly evolved teamwork and staff management skills.
- Fluent English essential – a second European language is an advantage
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV by e-mail with DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS & OUTREACH in the subject line.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, AmCham EU will contact only successful candidates.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org