Under the direct supervision of the Migrant Assistance Officer, the incumbent will actively contribute to facilitate and ensure the access for potential beneficiaries to relevant Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR)related information. The incumbent will provide counselling services to beneficiaries and will organise voluntary return activities according to IOM procedures. The incumbent will also provide general support in relation to the AVRR-related information and communication activities of the programme.
In particular, the incumbent will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Voluntary Return Activities:
- Provide counselling to potential candidates in Belgium on the existing voluntary return projects’ and,on available reintegration opportunities in the candidates’ countries of origin;
- Organize and co-ordinate all pre-departure formalities, including liaison with partners, disbursing allowances, reception of travel documents, flight bookings, airport departure and assistance of other IOM Missions at transit points and upon arrival;
- Maintain candidates’ files in the appropriate database;
- Assist in establishing technical information on each country’s procedures and specifics (travel documents, visas, consulate opening hours, etc.) to compile and update Country Information Sheets;
- Ensure regular contacts (telephone, fax, e-mail and visits) with IOM partners in Belgium;
- Maintain and follow-up on the application files in the appropriate databases (MiMOSA Web, AVRR Application Online and Reintegration Database);
- Compile invoices for payment by the Admin & Finance Services;
- Contribute in preparing statistics on registered AVR candidates, departures and no shows cases for the Statistics Focal Point;
- Assists with any translations that may be required in the framework of the AVRR/REAB programme.
Information and Communication Activities:
- Provide general support in relation to the information and communication activities of AVRR and assist in updating the existing information materials;
- Participate in the development of innovative information strategies and materials on the return and reintegration activities to be disseminated amongst partners and potential beneficiaries;
- Assist in organizing tailored information and training sessions for hospitals, specialized centres, shelters, NGOs and federal reception structures, in order to inform them on the AVRR programme;
- Assist in the organization of AVRR related seminars/conferences and draft notes or reports as necessary;
- Assist in the implementation of studies/research to be carried out in the field of voluntary return;
- Any other task that may be required.
- Bachelor degree in Political or Social Science, Social Work, International Relations, from an accredited academic institution, with one year of relevant professional experience. Master degree in related field is an advantage;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum one year of operational experience in refugee and migration related issues;
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills;
- Good knowledge of information and communication tools;
- Strong background in new media;
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely in English, French and Dutch;
- Experience in delivering trainings is an advantage;
- Experience in the organization of large events is an advantage;
- Good analytical skills, strong sense of details and accuracy;
- High level of computer literacy, including knowledge of database application;
- Valid driving license is an advantage.
- Fluency in English, French and Dutch is required. Knowledge of any other language (in particular Arabic) is an asset.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning and contributes to colleagues’ learning;
- Writes and communicates clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience;
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services and proactively develops new ways to resolve problems;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts;
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org