Chemonics seeks a chief of party for an anticipated USAID-funded cross-border trade and resilience project in the East African Community (EAC) countries. The Strengthening Agriculture and Regional Resilience (STARR) project will assist the Kenyan, Ugandan, Tanzanian, and Burundian governments and neighboring nations with improving regional integration by identifying and mitigating policy constraints to agricultural trade and value chains, scaling up best practices, and strengthening the resilience and cooperation of regional networks. The chief of party will provide overall leadership, management, and technical vision for the entire program, ensuring its suite of activities is comprehensive and achieves project objectives and targets. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, development, or a related field;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing and implementing USAID or other donor-funded agriculture development programs;
- Experience working with the Kenyan, Ugandan, Tanzanian, or Burundian government’s Ministry of Agriculture and relevant government entities preferred;
- Experience as a chief of party or equivalent experience leading large regional projects of similar magnitude and complexity in EAC countries or in other similar contexts;
- Record of successfully managing agriculture, resilience, or trade projects and working closely with interdisciplinary multicultural teams in developing countries;
- Experience working collaboratively with host-country governments, donors, the private sector, and other U.S. government partners;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the regional economic and agricultural trade landscape;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in English required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org