IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a Program Officer to support the implementation and management of programs in the Middle East and North Africa. IREX projects advance equal access to rights and justice, expand inclusive avenues for civil participation, and promote accountable governance. The Program Officer will oversee planning and day-to-day operations of programs, provide financial oversight, support organization- and practice-wide initiatives, and contribute to new business development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and provide support in implementation of civil society and governance programs;
- Manage and monitor programs to ensure high quality program deliverables and results are being met;
- Manage all areas of budgets, including analyzing projections vs actuals, forecasting and recasting, and preparing modifications (realignments, cost and no-cost extensions);
- Ensure all fiscal and performance activities are in compliance with IREX policies and procedures and funder regulations;
- Provide high-level support to MENA-based field teams;
- Draft complex documents, including program reports and evaluations;
- Negotiate, manage and monitor subgrants with international and national partners as necessary;
- Select and hire consultants as necessary;
- Maintain effective relations and coordination with program field teams, funders, and partners;
- Coordinate program publicity and outreach, including producing regular news and program updates, and promoting program successes to a variety of audiences;
- Contribute to new business development efforts, including assessments and proposal writing;
- Other programmatic and administrative duties as needed.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements with your application. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Bachelor's degree in international development, international relations, Middle East Studies, or a related field;
- Minimum of two years’ experience managing international development programs, preference for experience managing civil society programs;
- Demonstrated understanding of the Middle East and North Africa required;
- Experience managing USAID programs or knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required;
- Experience managing other USG-funded programs preferred;
- Demonstrated experience creating, managing, and monitoring budgets;
- Ability to anticipate challenges and problem solve;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, professionalism in written correspondence and report writing, excellent presentation and oral communication skills;
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize;
- Supervisory experience or experience directly managing staff preferred;
- Speaking, reading and writing proficiency in English required;
- Proficiency in Arabic preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in gender and social inclusion issues preferred; and
- Ability to travel internationally required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org