The EFTA Statistical Office (ESO) in Luxembourg exceptionally has a job opening for a Traineeship from 1 April 2018 until 31 August 2018 (5 months).
ESO is, in addition to EFTA Brussels and EFTA Geneva, the third duty station of the EFTA Secretariat. It is located within the premises of Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union and deals primarily with EEA-related topics in the field of statistics, such as the integration of new legal acts into the EEA agreement. ESO also coordinates statistical cooperation with third countries, in cooperation with Eurostat. Because of the proximity to a European Commission service, the traineeship offers a genuine possibility to gain insights into the working environment of the European Commission.
Division: EFTA Statistical Office
Type/Duration of Appointment: 5 months
Start Date: 1 April 2018 - 31 August 2018
Job Reference: VA 01/2018
The aim of the traineeship is to provide qualified applicants with opportunities for training and familiarisation with the work and functions of the EFTA Secretariat.
The successful candidate will contribute to the annual reporting procedures of ESO as well as to the integration of European statistical legal acts into the EEA Agreement.
• University degree within law, economics, political/social sciences, international relations or other relevant and equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of standard office IT applications (Microsoft Office).
Work experience of 1-2 years in a governmental service and knowledge of the EEA agreement would be an advantage.
• An analytical mind with ability to draft good quality documents in English.
• Good skills in Microsoft Excel.
• A flexible and motivated team player and capable of taking on a wide variety of tasks, both complex and more basic.
• Fluency in both spoken and written English.
• Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
• Traineeships at the EFTA Secretariat are open to nationals of the EFTA Member States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).
• Trainees receive a flat monthly allowance (net of taxes) of EUR 1,540 if stationed in Luxembourg. Accommodation in individual flats will be provided by EFTA.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org