Hurricane Irma and Maria destroyed the islands of Barbuda and Dominica leaving the population desolate and hopeless. Help support our ongoing projects by serving as our Senior Programs Manager!
The Senior Programs Manager is responsible to assist the Country Director in providing overall leadership and direction for Samaritan’s Purse programs in Antigua/Barbuda and Dominica. The Senior Programs Manager will be responsible for leading and supporting the programs team in the implementation of all internally and externally funded programs.
- Work with Country Director, Area Coordinators and other members of senior management team to create, articulate and pursue a clear vision and strategy for Samaritan’s Purse in Antigua/Barbuda and Dominica.
- Responsible for leadership, direction and supervision of programs team, comprising program managers (PMs), Program Development Officer (PDO) and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer, to ensure effective management of all internally and externally funded programs across Antigua/Barbuda and Dominica.
- Work collaboratively with programs team, in-country senior management and IHQ counterparts to design new and continuing programs, creating budgets and developing narrative proposals.
- Liaise with donors and potential partners in identifying and pursuing potential program and funding opportunities.
- Prepare and submit monthly programmatic reports to Country Director.
- Monitor potential and present humanitarian emergencies and keep Country Director informed of events, including potential programmatic response.
- Provide professional representation for Samaritan's Purse with government officials, dignitaries, project partners, other Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and visitors.
- Responsible for recruitment, orientation and performance management of supervised staff, involving planning, task assignment, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Participate in daily morning devotions and in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university plus three to five years of experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Extensive field humanitarian experience in a management role with ability to lead large cross cultural teams.
- Previous experience working overseas, required.
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills (written and verbal) and networking skills.
- Strong knowledge of project planning and implementation.
- Experience with financial and administrative coordination.
- Ability to adapt and operate for extended periods in austere conditions.
- Frequent regional travel with potential extended stays in the field.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org