The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) is an umbrella organization of over 230 national diabetes associations in over 170 countries. It represents the interests of the growing number of people with diabetes and those at risk. The Federation has been leading the global diabetes community since 1950. IDF’s mission is to promote diabetes care, prevention and a cure worldwide.
The International Diabetes Federation has seven regional subsidiaries, with the aim of strengthening the work of national diabetes associations and enhancing the collaboration between them. IDF European Region of the International Diabetes Federation unites 71 diabetes associations in 46 countries. We represent people with diabetes and their families, as well as health professionals working in diabetes. Through our work, we aim to influence policy, increase public awareness and encourage health improvement, promote the exchange of best practice and high-quality information about diabetes in all countries throughout the Region.
IDF European Region is looking to hire a Regional Manager to be based in the IDF European Region Office in Brussels, Belgium. The Regional Manager will be accountable to the Regional Board through the Regional Chair of IDF Europe.
The applicant will be the most senior executive of the IDF European Region Office and will be responsible for the overall general management of the office and ensuring sustainability and sound financial stability of the IDF European Region.
Required skills, competences and experience
- A university degree in law, management, economics, finance or political science; professional experience in health management, policy or care or other professional experience is desirable.
- Proven track record of at least 10 years’ experience of strategic leadership and senior management in an international setting;
- Demonstrable experience in the voluntary and not-for-profit sector;
- Proven track record in resource development and membership management;
- Experience in managing policy development, preferably in the health sector;
- Proven record in deploying a wide range of communications media, programmes and policy;
- Demonstrated experience of representation and influencing at a senior level;
- Established management experience, including people and financial management;
- Successful track record in developing strong partnerships with donors, networking and mobilizing significant resources for running programmes;
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Personal Qualities, Skills and Competences
- Embraces IDF values, ethics and beliefs;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling values and ethical standards;
- Strong diplomatic skills and networking capabilities;
- A leader and team player who shows a high level of responsibility, initiative and commitment;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, and to manage a variety of international and external contacts with sensitivity;
- Has a keen eye for detail with the ability to maintain standards of accuracy under pressure of tight deadlines;
- Results driven and strong motivational acumen;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism and without discrimination on cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, age and health conditions aspects;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to convey complex concepts to different stakeholders in a clear and concise style;
- Possesses sound knowledge of and experience with international relations, with a special focus on health related issues;
- Possesses good knowledge of EU and Council of Europe policies and decision-making mechanisms, with a special focus on health strategies;
- Good knowledge of health related issues; knowledge of diabetes is desirable;
- Ability to use knowledge management strategies to promote effective decision-making, and a coherent approach to policy making, and intra/inter-organizational collaboration, applies knowledge, information, and best practices;
- Ability to manage multiple activities concurrently, works under pressure, and to tight deadlines.
- Mother-tongue level in English and a good command of French; additional European languages an advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their curriculum vitae and cover letter addressed to the Chair of IDF Europe Prof Dr Sehnaz Karadeniz [email protected] describing interest and relevance to the position, with copy to [email protected] by 16 February 2018.
Desired starting date: 2 April 2018.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org