TIn line with the 2015-2020 OCTA strategy, the EU programmes Officer will primarily contribute to raise awareness on OCTs at EU level (expertise and capacities,…) and enhance their access to EU programmes by providing centralised assistance and ensuring that OCTs would not invest in duplicated or fruitless research by lack of information.
With the support of the OCTs local contact points and strengthened links with National Contact Points, he/she will coordinate networks, promote OCTs as potential partners and projects initiatives, and facilitate the identification and contact with third partners, especially from the EU. He/she will also promote better knowledge of OCTs by EU institutions so that OCTs’ interests are taken into account in the elaboration of EU programmes.
Thus, OCTA will extend its role, through technical assistance provided to the OCTs, to the elaboration of projects and their submission to the EU Programme for financing. The association will then monitor the results of the project, to disseminate success stories among OCTs and external partners. Special attention will be paid to research and innovation, environment, training and SME’s programmes (H2020, COSME, ERASMUS).
Being part of a small team, the EU programmes Officer will also support the other members of the Secretariat for activities such as organization of conferences. He/she will report directly to the Coordinator on a day to day basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Awareness raising activities on OCTs expertise and capacities
- Identifying calls and actions according to the needs expressed by the OCTs
- Attend and report back on relevant info days in Brussels organised by the EU institutions and facilitate the participation of Working group members
- Follow up closely the measures of support from which OCTs could benefit in the EU programmes, or measures to better take into account their specificities
- Provide inputs for article and news on the website and newsletters regarding opportunities
- Update and maintaining list of contacts at local level and organise webinars to promote exchanges
- Update the 2015 mapping of potential networks in higher education and research landscape
- According to the needs expressed, support individual OCT or group of OCTs to produce and submit proposals/projects for EU programmes calls
- Report to the Executive Committee of OCTA (ExCo) on the support to OCTs and funding requests.
- Identify studies and needs for external expertise
- Liaise with OCTA members at technical level
- Lead the organization of capacity building/training events for OCTs
- Support to working groups (and PWP)
- Support the Coordinator as and when necessary
- Support the team for the organization of main events
- Support the Chair of the TSI Project Steering Committee (10th EDF thematic programme on innovation)
- Support OCTA as coordinator of the 11th EDF Thematic Programme for all OCTs
- At least a University Degree in economics, law, international relations, political science, EU affairs or other related fields;
- Fluency in both English and French is compulsory;
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills, Computer literate;
- Experience of working in a multicultural and or diverse environment would also be desirable;
- At least 3 years of experience related to cooperation and sustainable development in an international environment;
- Sound knowledge of EU Funds and programmes;
- Experience in drafting proposals for EU calls and managing EU funded projects (please elaborate in the cover letter);
- Experience in working with public stakeholders and organisations with limited means and capacity;
- Experience in facilitating workshops and webinars;
- Experience in working with OCTs or with regional authorities would be an asset.
Location and Duration
The full-time position (38h/week) is based in Brussels, Belgium.
Short missions within the European Union and in the OCTs may be necessary.
The position will start ideally by March/April 2018 or as soon as possible, for an initial period of one year (1), with a possibility for a further extension.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org