RTI International’s International Development Group (IDG) is seeking an innovative, creative, detail-oriented individual to serve as a communications intern in the Learning, Energy, and Environment for Development (LEED) division. This is a perfect role for an undergraduate, graduate, or recently graduated communications professional seeking to apply their skills in a hands-on environment.
About IDG & the position
RTI’s International Development Group provides advisory and technical services to clients in developing nations across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East with an emphasis on improving outcomes in economic development, education, governance, health and workforce development.
The Learning, Energy, and Environment for Development (LEED) division works in three technical program areas: Energy, Climate, Natural Resources, and Water (CNRW), and Integrated Learning Solutions (ILS). The communications intern will be an integral part of the team, supporting programmatic, business development, and strategic communications activities across the three technical areas.
Under the supervision of the senior communications specialist, the communications intern will play an integral role in developing a strategic editorial calendar, developing print and digital communications content, executing social media strategy and tasks, and coordinating communications activities and deliverables across various projects.
- Develop a series of profiles highlighting project impact.
- Manage a strategic editorial calendar to include conferences, observance days, and other relevant events that will serve as opportunities to elevate the profile of LEED’s work.
- Generate print and digital content highlighting LEED’s activities and achievements for internal and external audiences, including but not limited to: compelling, visually appealing infographics; brochures and other print marketing materials; written content including project impact success stories, blogs, event summaries, and press releases.
- Develop social media messages to expand LEED’s contributions to IDG’s social media presence.
- Provide general assistance to the senior communications specialist regarding implementation of various LEED strategic communication priorities.
- Review and update external website content to maintain accurate information regarding RTI projects.
Business strategy and marketing (20%)
- Provide research support to LEED BD team on key business strategy initiatives.
- Conduct select market research activities, such as client, competitor, and market trends.
This is a paid internship for Summer 2018 located in RTI’s Washington, DC office. The position requires a commitment of 15-20 hours per week.
- Undergraduate (rising junior or senior), graduate student or recent graduate with background in communications, international development, international relations, business, marketing, journalism, public relations, public policy, political science or a related field.
- Proficiency in creative design applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, Piktochart, and Canva.
- Ability to conceive, design and produce digital communications materials, including infographics, from start to finish.
- Experience with social media platforms and understanding of latest trends and best practices.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills. Proficiency in AP Style a plus.
- Strong understanding of content generation and marketing. Market research experience a plus.
- Ability to quickly conceptualize, understand and communicate complex concepts.
- Ability to manage multiple activities or projects with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter, able to think creatively and work independently.
- Interest in international development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of foreign language(s) (e.g., Spanish, French) is an advantage.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org