Women Deliver is a leading global advocacy organization. We build capacity, forge partnerships, create networks, develop messages and catalyze actions that spark political commitment and investment in the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women throughout the world. We bring together diverse voices and interests to share solutions and drive progress particularly in gender equality and maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Started in 2010, the award-winning Women Deliver Young Leaders Program counts 400 youth advocates from more than 100 countries who are advancing the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women. Our new class of Young Leaders, currently being finalized, will add 300 more. The program relies on a honed approach involving training, mentoring, and support to maximize opportunities for young people to advocate for their health and rights, and that of their communities.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
The Senior Associate plays a significant role in designing and implementing Women Deliver’s award-wining Women Deliver Young Leaders Program. The Senior Associate serves as advocacy lead on behalf of the Youth Engagement Team and serves as a liaison to related coalitions and advisory groups. The Senior Associate reports to the Senior Manager, Youth Engagement.
- Serves as advocacy lead on behalf of Women Deliver and the Youth Engagement Team
- Serves as a liaison to youth related coalitions and advisory groups
- Supports grant administration and technical assistance for the benefit of the Young Leaders
- Leads event planning for the Young Leaders Program and provides expertise in creating youth-friendly spaces throughout all WD events
- Coordinates the implementation of Women Deliver’s youth engagement strategy to facilitate meaningful participation among Young Leaders
- Assists in the planning and organizing of the youth pre-conference in the lead up to the Women Deliver 2019 Conference, including planning workshop sessions, coordinating logistics, etc.
- Supports the implementation and monitoring of the workplan to ensure timely completion of deliverables, particularly as it related to youth and advocacy efforts for Youth Engagement team
- Organizes and attends meetings, briefings, conferences, and other events, as requested
- Supervises interns and consultants, as needed
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- BA/BS required in related field such as public health, international relations, gender studies or human rights; Master’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in an NGO, UN agency or youth oriented organization
- Expertise in international maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, with an emphasis on girls and women
- Background working with diverse cultures and youth populations on global health or international development campaigns, programs or initiatives
- Solid knowledge of and experience with developing and executing advocacy and youth engagement campaigns
- Event planning experience required; creating youth-friend spaces a plus
- Experience with UN advocacy a plus
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong project coordination skills
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and work.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to consistently delivering excellent quality work
- Experience working with partners and coalitions
- Experience work on advocacy campaigns in a developing country context, a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems, with sense of humor a plus
- Intermediate proficiency in French or Spanish preferred
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, if needed
- Must be eligible work in the United States without sponsorship
Please email a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org