Macfadden is seeking an Information Officer to provide information support to USAID's Office of Food for Peace (FFP). Information Officers provide information support to USAID/FFP by monitoring and reporting on humanitarian conditions and response activities, with a focus on situations involving food insecurity, as well as longer-term development programs, and producing a wide range of public and internal information products.
Qualified candidates should possess excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills and have exceptional attention to detail. Candidates must be flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances and have the ability to work under tight deadlines in an extremely fast-paced and collaborative environment. Foreign language ability preferred.
The Information Officer will draft and edit public and internal information products, monitor humanitarian events and food security issues in their assigned region(s). Must demonstrate emotional intelligence, professionalism, and integrity in high-pressure work environment.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collect and synthesize information pertaining to food security crises and response efforts, and draw upon that information to draft, edit, appropriately format, and disseminate a wide range of internal and external information products; deliverables include, but are not limited to, fact sheets, talking points, memos, PowerPoint presentations, official cables, briefing materials, and other correspondence
- Collaborate closely with information counterparts from other USG agencies, the UN, and non-governmental organizations to ensure that all relevant humanitarian information is obtained and communicated to USAID/FFP staff
- Gather information for or participate in field assessments, meetings, and site visits overseas, at the request of USAID/FFP staff
- Support USAID Disaster Assistance Response Teams/Response Management Teams, as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in international relations or related discipline
- 2-4 years of professional related work experience, including internships
- Working knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues, particularly those related to food security issues
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Overseas experience
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and meet deadlines in a challenging, fast-paced environment
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org