Based in Brussels, the European Foundation for Democracy (www.europeandemocracy.eu) is a policy institute that works internationally with civil society, academic, government and other stakeholders on the prevention of radicalisation.
- Develop and roll out a comprehensive communications plan for the Foundation to include classical media relations and digital and social media
- Draft press releases and assume responsibility for their dissemination to an international audience in a timely manner
- Contribute to op-eds drafted by EFD academic experts and place them in international media
- Assume responsibility for media monitoring, including digital and social media, and prepare daily summary
- Review and maintain international media/journalist database
- Organise press conferences and briefings linked to publication of EFD reports and events
- Assume responsibility for revision of EFD website, working with external technical experts
- Assume responsibility for ensuring website is maintained and up to date on ongoing basis
- Support the events programme on as-needs basis
Full time, open ended contract with benefits
This is a hands-on media relations role. EFD is looking for someone who really understands how the media works and is able to help articulate its messages through the international media.
- Degree in European affairs, communication or comparable.
- Diligent self-starter, able to achieve tangible results
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent written English, editing and proof reading skills - likely to be English mother-tongue
- Confident user of social media, able to conduct digital and social media campaigns
- Networked into the Brussels press corps - and beyond
- Minimum 5-year experience in communications roles
- Good team player, comfortable working in a small team
- Eligible to work in EU
Please send CV and Cover letter including (salary expectations and possible starting date) to [email protected] use “Communication Manager Application” as subject in the e-mail.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org