With the overall guidance and support from the ASRH Programme Specialist, the ASRH Programme Analyst ensures programmes for young people including adolescents are firmly placed in the context of Country Programme Framework (CPF) and the UNJP supported programme. He/she is responsible for the effective programme support and management of the CP6 Output on access to youth-friendly, gender sensitive and socially inclusive ASRH information and services and linkages with other related Outputs; analysis and assessment of political, social and economic trends relevant to universal access to ASRH for vulnerable groups; programme formulation, monitoring and evaluation, joint programming and national development frameworks to address the needs of young people including adolescents and with a focus on adolescent girls.
- Master’s degree in public health, or other related social science fields.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least two years of professional experience in programme/project management in the public or private sector which demonstrates expertise in the substantive area of programme experience;
- Experience in policy analysis, policy research with track record of data analytical skills and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Good understanding of the Lao Government’s population related policies, laws, policy making processes and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the relevant Government partners and other stakeholders;
- Experience in programming for and in policy analysis or policy research on initiatives addressing universal access to ASRH, specifically unmet needs and ASRH/Young People will be an asset;
- Field experience would be desirable.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Lao.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org