Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) works to improve the most important energy and land use policies around the world, with a particular focus on finance.
Our Climate Finance Program is seeking talented and skilled individuals to support teams in developing high-quality and actionable research and policy analysis for our San Francisco office.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with a world-recognized team on cutting edge analytical projects that support policy frameworks and investments that can drive the transition to a low-carbon, climate-resilient world. Some of our most well-known projects include the Global Landscape of Climate Finance, which is the most comprehensive inventory of global climate change investment available and the Global Innovation Lab for Climate Finance whose financial instruments have attracted hundreds of millions of dollars to drive low-carbon and climate-resilient growth in developing countries.
- Pursuing a graduate degree in relevant field and have experience in one or more of the following: sustainable finance/investing; climate policy; corporate sustainability in relation to climate strategy; development finance;
- Working knowledge of issues in international climate finance and understands the interplay between public, development finance and private sector financial actors
- Passionate about the role of market-driven approaches, and specifically finance as a lever to catalyzing global action on climate change
- Precise, detail-oriented approach to literature review and data collection
- Ability to assist in producing and editing high-quality CPI products such as reports, presentations and blogs to short deadlines
- A strong writing and external communications sense and skillset
- Professionalism, enthusiasm for working as part of a team, and ability to interact with a diverse group of people from inside and outside the organization
- Commitment to CPI’s mission and values
- Strong Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Fluent English
- At least one year of professional experience
- Working knowledge of project finance for energy and land use
- Familiarity with climate finance issues and trends in South America (especially Brazil) and/or Africa
- Experience in financial modeling or quantitatively rigorous background
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org