Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking a Senior Program Officer, R3 Pilot Project.
Reporting to the Director Global Programs or Emergencies and Recovery, the Senior Program Officer is responsible for the execution a Pilot Project, which aims at redefining the roles, responsibilities and decision-making procedures (R3) between the Canadian Red Cross’ (CRC) teams in the field and in the National Office. The Senior Program Officer will support teams in Canada and abroad to roll out these redefined roles, monitoring the impact on current operations, and overseeing the adjustments of administrative processes and systems required for greater efficiency and agility in CRC’s program management.
The Senior Program Officer works as a collaborative member of the Global Programs and Emergencies and Recovery teams, and supports the effective functioning of the Pilot Steering Committee. The Senior Program Officer will contribute to the success of the matrix model, the agility of the organization, delivering against the One Red Cross vision and interoperability, implement innovations/learning within programs and ensure robust risk management and personnel wellbeing.
Project Management Support and Quality Control
- Ensure the effective management of the R3 Pilot Project with a view to inform a wider roll-out within the CRC.
- Contributes to the development and monitoring of the R3 Pilot Project plans and strategies.
- Under the direction of an Operational Director, coordinates, leads or co-leads the execution of the R3 Pilot Project.
- Supports team members in the National Office and in the field to roll out their revised roles and responsibilities, and monitors its impact on current programs and initiatives.
- Participates in and/or leads inter-departmental working groups as needed to adjust processes and systems required for the implementation of the R3 Pilot Project.
- Coordinates the work of the R3 Pilot Steering Committee, ensuring follow-up on its decisions.
- Keeps track of and reports on multiple initiatives related to the R3 Pilot Project.
- Recommends adjustments to the pace and timing of R3 Pilot implementation.
- Contributes to project coordination, ensuring compliance with deadlines and project cycle processes, as per quality and accountability standards defined by the QALI, the logistics team and the Financial Service.
- Maintains a close working relationship with all internal stakeholders (GP, QALI, ERT, PS, FS, GHU, Logistics, Risk Management and Security) through communication of activities, challenges and opportunities.
Supports an Effective Team
- Develops and maintains membership in the functional department, Global Programs and Emergencies and Recovery, and designated project teams. Collaborates to fulfill the agreed objectives, needs, and expectations.
- Engages stakeholders whose participation are required to ensure an effective delivery of the Pilot Project.
- Fosters teamwork through a professional exchange of experiences and expertise that can be transferred to other areas of work.
- Ensures sharing and dissemination of services-related materials to all concerned actors.
- Provides back-up to colleagues as required.
- Mentors colleagues on sourcing processes and systems for back up purposes.
- Follows all CRC’s policies and procedures required to maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in International Development or comparable related degree
- Highly-developed communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal savvy
- Strong knowledge of and experience in Project Management
- Experience in change management and organizational development a definitive asset
- Strong written and oral skills in English with French and Spanish skills a strong asset
- Previous Red Cross experience an advantage
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong strategic/financial analysis skills
- Excellent presentation skills; verbal and electronic
- 4-5 years’ experience in program/ change management/ position within a similar organization
- Field experience is an asset
- Self-starter and able to work in an environment with ambiguity
- Proven ability to be a supportive and productive team member
- Demonstrated experience as a performer and have solid leadership skills
- Result driven and able to motivate or inspire both junior and senior staff
- Proven understanding of quality control
- Demonstrated experience in systems development
- Focused on quality i.e. delivering excellent services
- High analytical skills, be able to see patterns, be a fast thinker; results/action-orientation
Skills and Abilities
- Able to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Able to inspire trust and energise project teams
- Ability to work with different people and remain calm under pressure
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to multitask
- Problem solver and negotiator
- Resilience and adaptability to changing circumstances and an evolving environment
- Commitment to the Principles of the Red Cross Movement
Duties are principally conducted at the National Office of the Canadian Red Cross in Ottawa. Occasional travel to country operations may be required. While the majority of the work is performed in an environment which is mostly clean and comfortable, field missions can involve working in environments that are unstable and with unpredictable access to basic services. The ability to work in stressful and often ambiguous conditions is required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org