The Human Resources (HR) team, comprised of 40 members, sits in our Budapest, London and New York offices and supports OSF staff across the global network of foundations, in over 40 countries. The team is comprised of generalists spanning the North America, Latin America, Europe, Eurasia, Middle East, Africa, South West Asia, and Asia Pacific regions, as well as HR specialists comprised of Talent Development, Human Resources Information System (HRIS), Compensation & Benefits, Diversity and Inclusion, and Recruitment.
The post-holder will lead the Human Resources operations of Open Society Foundations Office in Budapest, oversee the provision of HR services to employees, including payroll, benefits administration and immigration. In addition, responsible for partnering with one or more OSF Program(s) providing strategic and operational support as needed. Collaborate closely with OSF’s global community of HR Managers and HR Partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Ensure the provision of timely and accurate HR services to employees and to other HR colleagues;
- Advise managers and HR colleagues on local employment practices and compliance with national law; maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging employment legislation and codes of practice;
- Oversee the implementation and ensure compliance to human resources policies and procedures in Hungary; develop local policies and processes as needed;
- Oversee the HR preparation of the payroll, benefits program, and immigration processes, including maintenance of compliance of employee files and other pertinent employee information;
- Works as part of the global HR team to contribute to and develop HR policies, processes, initiatives and services undertaking project work as required.
HR Partnership and Support – Specific Program(s)
- Act as a single point of contact for the employees and managers in the programs and departments they support specifically, developing a trusting and consultative relationship with all levels of managers and employees;
- Provide leadership on the complete range of Human Resources activities including employee relations, performance management, benefits and compensation, full employee life cycle, inclusion initiatives, learning and development, workforce planning, organization structure, etc.;
- Responsible for data integrity in OSF human resources systems for the programs they support;
- At least 10 year experience in human resources, with 4+ years’ experience leading and managing an HR operations team.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field or equivalent qualifications and experience.
- Experience with building a strong and responsive HR operations function in a complex, global environment.
- Capacity to build trusting and collaborative relationships with employees and managers at all levels.
- Proficient knowledge of Hungary employment and immigration laws and regulations.
- Experience streamlining and integrating human resources systems and processes, and leading local implementation of global initiatives.
- Experience in HR transformation and building inclusive work environments, experience in non-profit is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-changing, fast-paced, yet consultative environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, follow projects through to completion, and make decisions with limited information.
- Unparalleled organizational, communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
- The candidate must be able to regularly travel internationally (mostly within Europe).
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.