The International Union of Wagon Keepers, UIP is looking for a junior policy and communication officer.
The role focusses on developing and distributing all UIP communications, ensuring delivery of factual, timely, and accurate information to various stakeholder and policy groups. The person will work closely with the Manager European Affairs, the Technical Coordinator and the Secretary General and should add-on to the team. The person is expected to bring in particular innovative and hands-on skills to the implementation of communications activities.
Job description and key responsibilities
Full time position in the Secretariat of UIP in Brussels (rue Montoyer 23). The Junior Policy & Communication Officer will undertake work on the following tasks and topics:
- Monitor and conduct background research on EU policy proposals affecting rail freight transport and the businesses of freight wagon Keepers;
- Assist in the analysis and preparation of reports on policy and technical policy developments of relevance to the activities of UIP and its Topical Committees;
- Assist with the drafting and the production of communication materials (e.g. position papers, annual reports, press releases, alerts, newsletters, etc.);
- Assist with the management and the maintenance of the news and events sections in social media such as Facebook and Twitter;
- Assist in managing the website of UIP and in contributing to the content (incl. implementation of a new intranet);
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate subject area (European Affairs, Policy/Political Science, Communications, European Law) and two years’ experience (or Bachelors’ degree and five years’ experience);
- Ideally, experience of working for an EU institutions, a Party or experience a European Association;
- Good working knowledge of English and French (other languages an advantage);
- Ability to work effectively in a small team;
- Flexibility and willingness to assist as the need arises;
- Familiarity with all Office computer programmes and new media tools.
- Is flexible;
- Has a verbal and written communication skills in English and a demonstrated ability to read and comprehend written/graphic and oral instructions;
- Has the ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers;
- Has the ability to perform responsibilities without the necessity of close supervision;
- Maintains a generally positive attitude.
This recruitment process has been outsourced to EARS – European Affairs Recruitment Specialists for a first evaluation and review of the applications.
Please send your application to the consultant in charge of this assignment, Jason Descamps, at [email protected] mentioning «UIP – Junior Policy and Communication Officer» in your object.
Applications will be closed by 1 March 2018.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org