IREX seeks a Project Director for a program that works to enhance the organizational digital security capacity of civil society organizations globally to protect their networks and stay safe online. The objective is to promote fundamental freedoms, human rights, and the free flow of information online by enabling civil society actors to achieve open, reliable, and secure access. The Project Director will manage a team of staff based at IREX headquarters and coordinate partners worldwide.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Provide strategic and technical leadership, ensuring that all program objectives are met;
- Manage a global network of digital security experts to provide proactive, tailored digital security assistance to selected organizations;
- Develop, implement and manage tailored interventions to improve the organizational digital security of selected beneficiaries, including but not limited to organizational security audits, trainings, peer learning, and mentoring;
- Oversee ongoing support, guidance, and/or mentoring to beneficiary organizations as needed;
- Oversee internal and external knowledge sharing and communications;
- Provide supervision, mentoring, and guidance to assigned staff;
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with local, regional, and international organizations;
- Oversee financial and administrative management of the program, ensuring budget discipline;
- Manage effective monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities;
- Serve as IREX’s primary liaison with the donor, partners, and other stakeholders and represent IREX publicly and support its organizational development.
- Master’s degree in international development, public administration, management, political science, journalism, communications and/or another relevant field preferred;
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the international development field with a significant portion of that period focused on supporting access to information, communications, digital security and/or civil society activists;
- Experience working in conflict affected and repressive environments;
- Successful track record in supervising, designing, managing, and implementing donor-funded projects (with preference for US government-funded donor experience) required;
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and plan strategically and creatively to meet specified objectives;
- Strong organizational skills including an ability to prioritize initiatives across several countries in multiple time zones;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and work on a multi-national and multi-partner team;
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior officials in government, with media and civic leaders, businesspeople and international donors;
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English required; additional language skills preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org