Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across more than 150 countries. The Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.
Sesame Workshop is a global educational force for change, with a mission to reach the world’s most vulnerable children through the expansion of its unique educational resources. Though its International Social Impact strategy, Sesame Workshop is aiming to increase its reach and deepen its impact internationally, including in low- and middle-income countries.
The VICE PRESIDENT, INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT & PARTNERSHIPS at Sesame Workshop will be responsible for building and strengthening the Workshop’s presence through fundraising, engagement and partnership efforts abroad. This role will provide strategic vision for identifying, soliciting and cultivating philanthropic funding for Sesame Workshop’s work around the world.
This is a unique opportunity for a dedicated, entrepreneurial, results-oriented relationship builder to make a significant impact at an innovative not-for-profit. The Vice President, International Development & Partnerships will be a member of a dynamic, fast-paced team and will work closely with the Chief Development Officer, the EVP, Global Social Impact and Philanthropy, the CEO, the SVP, International Social Impact and select members of the leadership team.
- Secure new resources of funding across all categories, including corporate, foundation, government and non-US based individuals, and develop new partnerships to deepen Sesame Workshop’s reach and impact, with a particular focus on South Asia, sub-Saharan Africa and the Syrian response region
- Possess a point of view on the international development sector; willingness to engage previously acquired network while also developing new contacts and relationships for the Workshop
- Develop and hone a plan of action supporting a long-term strategy of becoming a more global international development force, with a particular focus on specific needs and competencies Sesame Workshop needs to develop
- Build sustainable networks for Sesame Workshop and raise the profile of Sesame Workshop among major development partners and funders
- Ability to speak with authority on international development issues and has deep knowledge of the donor community
- Work in close partnership with the International Social Impact team on strategy, programs, workflow and coordinated goals
- Make recommendations as to which events & international meetings Sesame Workshop should participate in, and support briefings accordingly
- Employ analytics and data for making evidence-based decisions and analyzing effectiveness/success
- Forecast revenues, develop and oversee an expense budget. Maintain relevant reports
- Effectively manage a portfolio of activities, assessing tradeoffs when allocating resources (staff and expenses) to ensure highest possible outcomes and impact
- Proactively participate in management efforts within functional area and throughout the Workshop
- Aspire to improve team’s effectiveness, foster innovation, and balance cost/benefit of investments versus status quo
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the nonprofit and/or private sector; a natural comfort and experience in soliciting international philanthropic support and a demonstrated track record of success in fundraising and relationship management
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and web-based communication and call tools
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Willingness to travel, sometimes to low-resource settings (approx. 25%)
- Demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills and related competencies
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Self-starter with sound judgment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Social Skills: Strong social skills a must; ability to interact -- with professionalism -- with a variety of personalities both internally and externally
- Ability to recognize group needs and work to achieve solutions for better group communication and organization
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM software or equivalent software is a plus
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org