CRDF Global has a job opportunity for a Project Manager supporting the Biosecurity Engagement Program (BEP) of the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation, Office of Cooperative Threat Reduction (ISN/CTR).
The Project Manager will develop and manage the technical, financial, and administrative aspects of an assigned project portfolio to ensure that projects are administered and implemented in a manner consistent with CRDF Global and client objectives. Projects may include grant competitions, grant making, planning and execution of conferences, meetings, workshops, and training sessions, fellowship programs, deployment of subject matter experts on short or long-term assignments, or other efforts aimed at fulfilling client objectives. The work may involve developing new relationships and identifying and securing new sources of funding.
- Manage assigned projects using best project management practices and ensuring on-scope, on-budget and on-schedule implementation; develop and manage project plans, statements of work, project metrics, schedules, deliverables and budgets.
- Manage the flow of projects through the project cycle; report updates to management and the client
- Develop project budgets and hold responsibility for financial oversight of assigned projects; meet assigned portfolio revenue targets; manage budgets, including planning, administration and financial reporting of project expenses upon closeout
- Conduct project event planning for international conferences, workshops, seminars, training and other activities between U.S. and foreign scientists, engineers and other stakeholders. Oversee timely completion of logistics for site visits, conferences, meetings, workshops or training sessions
- Anticipate and identify issues related to assigned projects and proactively identify, recommend and implement solutions
- Maintain regular and clear communication with team members, Operations Support department, domestic and international stakeholders, including grantees, consultants, subcontractors, etc.
- Review grantee narrative and financial reports; prepare project reports for internal and external clients
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation plans for assigned projects
- Recruit and serve as point of contact for consultants; manage relationships, SOWs, budgets and deliverables
- Participate in managing stakeholder relations and communication with clients
- Develop project concepts and new project ideas; contribute to practice area and organization business development and growth efforts
- Be a productive and proactive member of the team
- Represent the practice area and organization at external events
- Contribute to practice area-level and organization-wide initiatives that improve internal processes and quality of work
- Support other programs and staff, as required
- Travel within the U.S. and internationally, as required
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience, including international project/program management experience
- 1-2 years of work experience in an international organization or other international experience
- Knowledge and experience using best project management practices
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Sufficient understanding of scientific research processes or other relevant issues in order to be credible with contacts with the scientific community
- Demonstrates strong diplomatic and negotiating skills
- U.S. work authorization
- Experience with U.S. Government and international biological threat reduction programs in the fields of biosafety and biosecurity; disease surveillance, diagnosis, reporting, and response; and cooperative research with global partners is highly desired
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter and resume.