The new European Parliament Intergroup Officer will integrate EBCD’s young and dynamic team, to help coordinate the work of the secretariat of the European Parliament Intergroup on “Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Development”.
Founded in 1989, EBCD is an international environmental non-governmental organisation (NGO) based in Brussels, with the main objective to promote the conservation and sustainable use of natural renewable resources both in Europe and worldwide. It provides the Secretariat to the most active Intergroup within the European Parliament (EP). The Intergroup represents a forum of discussion for Members of the European Parliament (MEP) to learn, debate and create policies geared towards sustainable development. More information can be found here.
The Intergroup Officer will support the daily work and running of the Intergroup secretariat.
Starting date: 1 March 2018 (or later)
- Coordinate the organisation and implementation of Intergroup meetings and conferences, prepare agendas and invitations, invite speakers, register participations, prepare background information and follow-up materials, write and edit reports;
- Monitor and report on European environmental policies;
- Attend EP Committees and external events;
- Website management;
- Liaise with MEP offices and stakeholders;
- Provide administrative support to the Director
- A university (Bachelor or Master) degree in political science, European studies, law, economics, international relations, environmental studies or any other relevant field;
- 1 year of experience (including internships) working in EU environmental policy or in the non-profit sector;
- Knowledge of the EU decision-making process and experience in working with the EU Institutions is preferable;
- Proficiency in English is required with additional EU languages considered an asset;
- Ability to prioritise work and coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Capacity to work independently and in a small team;
- Proactive, flexible and solution oriented;
- Sociable, service oriented and comfortable working in a multicultural environment
Please send the following to Panos Manias, EBCD’s Administrative and Financial Officer [email protected]:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter: Please explain your interest in working within EBCD and how your educational background and experience is relevant to the position.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org