MRG is the leading international human rights organization working to secure rights for ethnic, religious and linguistic minorities and indigenous people around the world.
We are now looking for Middles East and North Africa Programmes Assistant.
The purpose of the job is to support MRG in implementing projects in the Middle East and North Africa. These currently include a cross regional capacity building and awareness project with religious minorities, a project working with ethnic and religious minorities in Egypt to raise their issues and gain capacity and a new project on intersectional discrimination in Tunisia.
This is a 1 year fixed term contract (with possibility of extension), working 5 days per week; based in our London office.
Salary: Grade E (£24,135 per annum)
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide a high standard of administrative support and general assistance to the MENA Coordinator, Egypt project officer, and other senior staff working on this area.
- Liaise with many partner organisations across the region.
- Translate emails, documents, applications, and reports from Arabic to English and English to Arabic.
- Help organise and attend partner meetings, roundtable events, advocacy meetings and training sessions where appropriate.
- Liaise with partners regarding grants including tranches and financial and narrative reports and process all reports. This includes checking and extracting project monitoring data from narrative reports and thorough checks of financial reports.
- With support from and in dialogue with the Programme Coordinator, monitor legal and other requirements in order to ensure that programme activities (including travel and visas) are feasible and comply with local regulations.
- Coordinate all travel arrangements, including visas, liaise with embassies, write letters of recommendation, secure competitive insurance cover, liaise with travel agencies.
- Plan own work on a regular basis in consultation with the MENA Programmes Coordinator.
- Undertake web and database searches and other research as requested and keep records of internet sites and sources.
- Gather, maintain and use a contacts database or mechanisms to ensure that information about the project, calls for proposals, publications and advocacy materials etc reach as wide as possible an audience across the MENA region.
- Gather, maintain and keep up-to-date a database with all MENA projects’ documentation.
Candidates must have at least 1 year administrative/secretarial work experience, as well as at least 2 years experience of making logistical arrangements for international meetings and coordinating with international organisations. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as strong numeracy skills and attention to detail.
For more details, please download Job Description and Person Specification, as well as MRG Application Form and Equal Opportunities Questionnaire.
To apply, please send your completed Application Form together with the Equal Opportunities Form to [email protected]
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Deadline for applications is 9.00am GMT on Sunday 4 March 2018
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org