Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector. For more than 50 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through its work with more than 90 partners in 40 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
About the Center for Financial Inclusion:
The Center for Financial Inclusion at Accion (CFI) is an action-oriented think tank that engages and challenges the industry to better serve, protect and empower clients. We develop insights, advocate on behalf of clients and collaborate with stakeholders to achieve a comprehensive vision for financial inclusion. We are dedicated to enabling 3 billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector to improve their lives.
Based in Washington, DC, the summer associate will work 35 hours per week with CFI supporting the Financial Inclusion Week and Latin America research teams. The associate will primarily work on outreach to stakeholders across the financial inclusion industry, developing and executing strategic communications, as well as aiding the research team with project support activities.
This is unpaid 12 week internship with an ideal start in early June 2018.
Outreach and Communications
- Develop communications materials for Financial Inclusion Week partners and activities
- Recruit Financial Inclusion Week partners through targeted outreach, with emphasis on Latin America
- Work with partners to develop plans for participation in Financial Inclusion Week
- Support team efforts to develop and manage relationships with sponsors and partners
- Develop comprehensive database of Financial Inclusion participants and partners from previous years
Latin America Portfolio
- Support the team by conducting a literature review of existing research papers in the field of financial education and financial capabilities, with a specific focus in Latin America
- Develop a repository of potential partners in Latin America and the Caribbean, containing key information on their specific areas of interest
- Support the research team in the preparation of project proposals, presentations, briefs, blog posts and/or any other materials required for our work in Latin America
- Provide additional support to CFI’s research team on other duties and activities as required for their other ongoing projects
- Working towards a master’s degree in international relations, international development, public policy, economics or related fields
- Professional-level fluency in English and Spanish required
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills; ability to work across cultures and liaise with senior staff
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven
- Self-starter; equally effective working independently and as part of a team
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PPT
- Familiarity with Salesforce, InDesign and CRM systems a plus
- Familiarity with statistical data analysis software a plus
- Interested in our mission and working globally.
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
- Excellence: Accion staff should always put forth their best effort in all activities, strive for high quality of collective and individual performance; and demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times while in the workplace and while working on behalf of the organization.
- Respect: Accion staff should value one another’s roles and responsibilities as much as their own, be encouraging, and value the diverse and unique perspectives of colleagues. They should honor obligations and commitments to each other and to external partners.
- Passion for Social Change: Accion staff should be committed to making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate, value the greater good of the organization over personal gain, and promote a productive workplace by acknowledging the accomplishments of others.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org