We are seeking an entry-level professional to join our APCO+ team in Washington, D.C. You will bring strong writing, time management, and interpersonal skills to supporting the Office of the Executive Chairman with new business and client projects.
What we bring you: One of DC’s best places to work and ranked the 2017 Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, with smart, fun colleagues and opportunities to work with people around the country and across the globe. Amazing in-house opinion research, creative and resources as part of your team. The chance to work on some of the most interesting and challenging issues of the day for leading companies and associations. An opportunity to shine, succeed and chart your course based on what you bring to the table – not where you sit on the org chart.
- Researching and analyzing primary and secondary sources of information
- Conducting traditional and social media tracking
- Developing media lists and pitching to the media
- Drafting reports, social media content, and communications materials
- Coordinating distribution of materials and collating kits and packages for staff and clients
- Documenting and tracking of account activity such as conference reports, account status reports, etc.
- Managing a team of interns to support activities of the OXC
- 1 year at a public affairs agency, business consultancy, think tank or media organization(including internships). Previous agency or consulting experience is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in international relations, business management, communication, journalism, public relations or related field
- Experience living or working abroad required
- Keen interest in, and opinions on current affairs, public policy, and media
- Strong capabilities in PowerPoint
- Digital/social media fluency
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task project requests
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as to work independently; positive, flexible attitude that will lend itself to client service
- Willing to travel up to 25-50%
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org