Support to the regional and national Covenants
- Act as contact point at the central office in Brussels for the regional and national Covenants around the world;
- Organise regular coordination meetings/calls with regional and national Covenants;
- Draft monthly updates on regional and national Covenants;
- Support the regional and national Covenant offices in adapting the Global Covenant processes to the context and specificities of their region or country;
- Facilitate good practice exchange between regional and national Covenants;
- Participate in meetings/events organised by regional and national Covenants (whenever relevant).
Support to the Global Covenant
- Lead or support regional coherence and coordination work, including the regional needs assessment – in accordance with the Global Covenant Secretariat’s workplan;
- Contribute to the work of the Global-Regional Coherence Technical Working Group;
- Identify and secure the participation of speakers/participants for Global Covenant events in the regions and internationally, upon request;
- Liaise with and support other work streams of the Global Covenant Secretariat (e.g. communication, regional outreach and recruitment) as relevant and agreed with the line-manager.
Coordination, communication & reporting
- Ensure an effective two-way information flow between the global and regional offices;
- Report regularly to the Global Covenant coordination team ( contract manager and Global Covenant Secretariat) and the European Commission (contracting authority).
- 5 years of postgraduate professional experience in climate policy, energy policy, urban policy, foreign policy or a related field;
- A Master Degree in relevant field(s) (e.g. energy, climate change, urban planning, international relations);
- Excellent skills and good resilience to work internationally across multiple offices and time zones, and ability to work with a high level of initiative and autonomy;
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in spoken and written English & satisfactory level of Spanish, and proven ability to communicate with various stakeholders on many levels;
- Good facilitation skills and strong strategic and political understanding;
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multitask;
- Proven skills in meeting and event planning;
- Experience working with/for local authorities.
- Experience working with/for European Institutions;
- Experience working outside the EU;
- Good knowledge of the (Global/Regional) Covenant(s) of Mayors initiative;
- Good knowledge of EU climate and energy policies as well as urban and regional policies;
- Proficiency/very good command in other languages;
- Technical knowledge of sustainable urban development, energy planning, greenhouse gas measurement and climate risk assessment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org