IREX seeks a Senior Program Officer to provide senior-level program management and technical support to the Iraq Higher Education programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Senior Technical Advisor in all aspects of program implementation to ensure quality and impact of programming;
- Manage relationships and outreach with partner institutions, including academic, corporate, non-profit, and consultants;
- Supervise program staff;
- Provide technical input on higher education and/or inclusive education, peace building initiatives;
- Oversee program expenditures and develop and monitor program budgets;
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation product design and development.
- At least 5-7 years professional background and technical expertise in higher education development, and/or post conflict education;
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing higher education reform, adult learning modules, curriculum development or support for post conflict education;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Experience working with local counterparts on capacity building and knowledge transfer activities that integrate social and gender concerns;
- Ability to establish successful collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, including education sector, private sector, government, and local organizations;
- Working knowledge of cultural, political, historical issues in Iraq;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Arabic preferred;
- This position includes travel to Iraq.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org