You will contribute to providing strategic direction and management of the Country Program's (CP's) programming complementing the Head of Programming (HOP) efforts at ensuring the establishment and successful implementation of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management and programming skills will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming.
- Complement the HOP in providing strategic direction for the design of CP strategic frameworks and plans, including resource mobilization strategies to optimize the impact of programming interventions in line with regional and agency strategic priorities;
- Lead where appropriate and contribute to high-quality project design incorporating project management standards and MEAL methods, appropriate to scope, context and technical requirements of projects. Coordinate planning of activities for specific projects to ensure integration of program interventions and efficiency in implementation;
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance assessment for direct reports;
- Lead in one or more of the areas of cross sector engagement, Emergency Program area, "Familias Dignas Program", gender, MEAL, and/or local partner institutional development;
- Contribute to creating and maintaining the proper conditions for learning. Help establish a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Promote accountability, learning and knowledge management as part of the implementation of the MEAL policy;
- Seek out and identifying opportunities for innovation;
- Coordinate with CP staff to ensure appropriate quality and timely project reporting & budgeting and efficient use & stewardship of project material sources;
- Coordinate the identification, assessment and strengthening of appropriate partnerships and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches;
- Contribute where needed in the business development cycle to ensure quality proposals per agency and donor standards;
- Coordinate technical assistance and capacity strengthening for project teams and partners in project management standards and related MEAL, business development and operational activities. Help identify training opportunities, develop training curriculums and deliver trainings.
Education and Experience
- Master's Degree in International Development, International Relations or relevant field;
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a program management position with progressive responsibilities for an international NGO;
- Good experience in project grants management, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc., preferably for projects funded by multiple public donors, including USAID;
- Experience with successful business development activities capturing public and/or private donor funding;
- Excellent English writing skills;
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Experience working with Church partners a plus;
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment;
- Some experience and abilities in capacity strengthening - developing curricula and facilitating trainings;
- Experience using MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, and knowledge sharing networks.
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions;
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship;
- Team leadership abilities;
- Presentation and facilitation skills;
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
- Business-Proficient Spanish.
- In-Country and international travel is expected to be approximately 50% of time.
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: Four to six program/project managers, coordinators and assistants;
- Internal: Program, business development and operations staff at country, regional & HQ levels;
- External: Local partner staff - including church, and representatives of donor, technical, private sector, government, UN and educational institutions.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org