Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Technical Manager will provide technical and managerial support to CIT’s Electoral Education and Integrity Practice Area’s USAID-funded Reacting to Early Warning and Response Data in West Africa (REWARD) project. The Technical Manager will be mainly responsible for project support with a small portion of time devoted to business development of programs.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Technical Manager will report to REWARD’s Project Director.
- Technical management support for REWARD provided for Purposes 1 and 2 of REWARD
- Operations management backstopping for REWARD field work
- Oversight and management of REWARD’s country risk and vulnerability assessment (CRVA) program
- Provide technical management and support for early warning and response efforts under Purposes 1 and 2;
- Assist in oversight of grants management and documentation under Purpose 2 of REWARD;
- Manage budgeting, budget tracking, financial projections and forecasting for REWARD
- Oversee and manage all of REWARD’s CRVA programming;
- Support REWARD human resource management for field staff and consultants;
- Oversee work and contractual deliverables for REWARD’s sub-contractors
- Travel to the field when necessary to support REWARD’s field office needs and staff CRVAs; and
- Support for EEI’s business development efforts
- A Master’s degree in international development, international relations, or a related field;
- At least 3-5 years’ experience backstopping and/or managing development programs;
- Technical knowledge in areas of conflict, conflict prevention/mitigation, early warning and response, and/or related fields;
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in operational backstopping/management, budgeting, etc.
- Development, deployment and tracking of project monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and,
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Fluency in French
- Working knowledge of West Africa
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org