What part will you play?
Producers are responsible for line producing at least one to two hours of compelling programming per shift. The Producer must structure the rundown, decide on story elements, coordinate with their Supervisor on live shot requests, assign Writers and Copy Editors, and handle breaking news.
What will you be doing?
- S/he will be expected to write scripts for shows and will write packages and other segments when required.
- The Producer also coordinates with the assignment desks, graphics department, Writers and Copy Editors to bring the news program to air.
- Must be willing to work any shift including weekends and overnights.
What do we need from you?
- Passionate about current world events with a strong understanding of international news and issues.
- Excellent writing, communication and leadership skills.
- At least 3 years’ experience producing in a major market or at a CNN network.
- Knowledge of modern TV news production techniques strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and active participation in social media as a news tool.
- Language skills and fluency are desirable, but not mandatory.
- BA or equivalent work experience.
But wait, there’s more!
· Paid time off every year to volunteer
· 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
· An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
· Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org