Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant will work in the Istanbul Regional Hub, under the direct supervision of the Human Rights, Rule of Law, Justice and Security Programme Specialist and overall guidance of the Governance and Peacebuilding Cluster Leader. The Consultant’s task will be to support the implementation of Central Asia Support Initiative for National Human Rights Institutions and the design of a sub-regional project in support of National Human Rights Institutions of Central Asia. The consultant will also support the implementation of the human rights, rule of law, justice and security components of the regional programme, including sub-regional and regional initiatives. The consultant will also provide support to the Programme Specialist for advisory services to COs. Furthermore, the consultant will be supporting the development of knowledge/policy products.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Central Asia Support Initiative for National Human Rights Institutions and the design of a sub-regional project in support of National Human Rights Institutions of Central Asia;
- Support project development of country projects and programmatic frameworks;
- Preparation of concept notes for regional policy and research initiatives as well as thematic policy notes;
- Contribute to regional initiatives regarding policy guidance on implementation of SDG 16;
- Oversee the conceptualisation of knowledge products on Rule of Law, Justice, Security and Human Rights.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Good understanding of capacity development;
- Excellent drafting, reporting, facilitation and presentation skills;
- Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships;
- Results driven, ability to work under pressure and to meet required deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a team, develop synergies and establish effective working relations within the Practice teams, with persons of different Country Offices, and other counterparts (as required, e.g. donors and CSOs).
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Law, Social Sciences, International Relations, Governance, Human Rights, Development, HIV/Health, and other related fields.
- At least 7 years of proven work experience on rule of law, justice, security and human rights related issues in international organizations or public administration;
- Relevant international experience in the ECIS region is a strong asset;
- Previous experience in UNDP assignments is considered as a strong asset;
- Proven experience in programming in the areas of human rights/rule of law, i.e. NHRIs/Ombudsman institutions, Government institutions, justice and security sector reform, access to justice, SGBV etc;
- Experience in drafting project reports;
- Experience in corporate software and handling of web based contents and management systems;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Human Rights Based Approach principles and of UN and human rights treaties and mechanisms.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English;
- Russian is considered an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org