The US-China Business Council (USCBC, www.uschina.org) is seeking a manager - digital editor for a full-time position.
The USCBC communications and publications team is responsible for developing and executing a global communications strategy that delivers targeted messaging, trade reports, commentary, issue briefs, and digital publications to USCBC's varied stakeholders. The team utilizes various communication tools with the intent of enhancing US-China commercial relations. The senior manager will be responsible for developing, managing, editing, and executing a strategic communications plan using USCBC's digital and email platforms.
The successful candidate will have extensive data analytics and social network/predictive analysis capabilities to identify, target, and reach online audiences and maximize email outreach efforts.
USCBC is a private, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization of over 200 American companies that do business with China. Founded in 1973, USCBC has provided unmatched information, advisory, advocacy, and program services to its membership for over four decades. Through its offices in Washington, DC; Beijing; and Shanghai, USCBC is uniquely positioned to serve its members' interests in the United States and China.
- Manage and maintain USCBC websites
- Write, create, fact-check, copyedit, and proofread various products such as news and feature articles, reports, infographics, email blasts reaching USCBC’s membership,
- Create unique and highly effective email campaigns.
- Develop and execute a digital editorial calendar.
- Integrate digital, email, and social media marketing campaigns strategically to support USCBC communication priorities.
- Improve the reach of USCBC public affairs materials, including op-eds, blog posts, marketing materials, reports, and issue briefs utilizing digital tools and platforms.
- Spearhead internal communications plans supporting key initiatives and programs.
- Develop internal communication plans, ensuring regular rhythm and message consistency.
- Conduct research on topics of concern to US businesses in China.
- Proven communications, writing, and editing skills
- Attention to detail and excellent command of grammar and spelling.
- Project management skills to track editorial schedules and deadlines.
- Familiarity with AP Style a plus.
- Global public affairs experience.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence multiple stakeholders.
- Capacity to think expansively and innovatively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Solid analytical, project management, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently to generate relevant ideas, identify internal and external authors for USCBC digital publications, develop compelling email experiences, and collaborate with colleagues on USCBC reports and other communication projects.
- Experience maintaining websites using WordPress and Drupal, and sending email blasts with MailChimp
- Knowledge of CRM a plus.
- Proven skills in managing social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Slideshare, and LinkedIn groups.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Hootsuite, Spredfast, and other social media analytics tools.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience.
- US permanent work authorization (US citizen or lawful permanent resident).
- Reading and speaking knowledge of Mandarin a plus.
Send a resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and a brief writing sample with the subject line “Manager - Digital Editor.”
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org