Banyan Global is seeking a Chief of Party to propose on an upcoming global, USAID-funded health systems strengthening project. The position will be based in Washington, DC. The program will support USAID in planning and implementing health systems strengthening programs in low- and middle-income countries. The overall goal is improving health, particularly of underserved, vulnerable, and marginalized populations. The Chief of Party will oversee program implementation and supervise personnel and consortium partners, ensuring the program meets goals and reporting requirements.
- Provide leadership, management, and technical direction for large, complex, multi-country health systems strengthening activities;
- Serve as the primary liaison to USAID, implementing partners, and key stakeholders;
- Supervise staff and consortium members, ensuring technical excellence, quality control, and technical coordination;
- Oversee project work planning, performance management, to ensure goals and targets are met;
- Oversee knowledge management, learning and communications.
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, international development, or a related degree;
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience managing large, complex health projects in developing countries, with at least eight years of experience working on health governance, health-care financing, clinical quality, or health systems strengthening programs;
- Demonstrated thought leadership in health systems strengthening;
- Previous experience as a chief of party or project director of a USAID-funded project;
- Experience living and working in developing countries;
- Experience liaising with US government and host country government officials;
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills required; and foreign language (especially French, Spanish, or Portuguese) preferred, but not required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org