The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative and sustainable solutions to problems that impede social development. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network, a group of agencies with mandates that include the environment, health, education, architecture, culture, microfinance, rural development, disaster reeducation, the promotions of private-sector enterprise, and the revitalization of historic cities. AKDN agencies conduct their programs without regard to faith, origin or gender.
As part of the Resource Development team, the Resource Development Officer for Events will guide and support AKF’s volunteers in connection with all AKF volunteer fundraising and awareness events and address the day-to-day fundraising needs of AKF’s volunteers across the country including supporting volunteer teams on event project planning, managing event pages on AKF’s website, creating and providing training on event related policies and procedures, ensuring that policies and procedures are followed, identifying and mitigating risks arising from fundraising events and assisting with event finances. The Director and members of the Resource Development Department and members of the Strategic Communications Department will support this Officer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support fundraising and awareness events implemented by volunteers across the country
· Review all contracts for event sites and vendors.
· Manage event registration processes on the website using our online fundraising platform and troubleshooting with event participants and volunteer organizers in the lead up to and on event day.
· Remain current on and share best practices in event-based fundraising, peer-to-peer fundraising and volunteer engagement with volunteer fundraising teams
· Ensure policies and procedures regarding event-based fundraising are current, well understood by all volunteers, and followed
· Manage auction process at events including ensuring that local event teams ensure the completion of in-kind donation forms for auction items, third party valuations where necessary, and that all auction policies and procedures are followed.
· Manage the proper completion of all event planning and reporting documentation (event proposal documents and closure reports)
· Monitor and approve or question event expenditure requests
· Identify and mitigate risks arising in connection with fundraising events
· Ensure proper documentation is completed for in-kind donations received in connection with events
· Manage the implementation of AKF’s corporate sponsorship program to ensure sponsorship benefits are delivered, collateral materials are best in class, and sponsorship benefits are consistent with the market.
· Work with Strategic Communications Department to ensure fundraising and awareness marketing materials are brand compliant.
· Work with consultants and vendors as needed to ensure event-based fundraising needs are met.
· Create and manage content for all online transaction needs for all AKF fundraising events
· Manage marketing material Volunteer Toolkit on Google Drive to ensure all templates are accessible and current
· Manage the process and ordering of any national merchandise for Nationwide Walk|Run events
· Experience in event management and volunteer engagement
· Experience with event-based fundraising and peer-to-peer fundraising
· Experience with fundraising and e-marketing technologies and online platforms
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
· Customer service-oriented
· Proficiency in MS Office suite and comfort with MS Excel
· Outstanding interpersonal skills; adept at cross-cultural communication in a global environment, and comfort in culturally diverse environments.
· Candidates must be currently eligible for employment in the United States
· Willingness to travel in the U.S. to attend fundraising events and volunteer meetings
Please submit all resumes and cover letters by applying below
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org