As Country Manager you will manage and represent the country program office, advancing programming and operations objectives and the mission of Catholic Relief Services (CRS) to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your management and representation skills will enable you to advance CRS' reputation and impact while you proactively manage security and mitigate security risks and liabilities.
- Manage the design of medium and long-term goals. Ensure program and operations leads coordinate their objectives in alignment with the strategy;
- Ensure that all projects meet and exceed donor expectations and are designed and implemented for maximum impact and reach. Ensure the CRS program quality standards are adhered to per MEAL policy and procedures;
- Effectively manage senior talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports. Manage the development of staffing plans and the recruitment process of senior staff;
- Establish and develop strategic partnerships with national and international organizations that leverages resources, reputation, and expertise in line with CRS partnership principles. Ensure strong representation to key stakeholders, including Church partners, local and national government, US government and international donors;
- Manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming. Ensure all staff understand and adhere to CRS staff safety and security policies and plans, and ensure the updating of such plans;
- Promote, uphold and model a commitment to the efficient use of agency and donor resources. Ensure compliance in operations functions. Provide oversight and analysis regarding monthly expenditures;
- Oversee the pursuit of strategic growth opportunities, prepositioning and capture planning;
- Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Promote accountability, learning and knowledge management overseeing application of the MEAL policy, as well as cross-sectoral and cross-department learning.
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory - Directly supervises the Administration & HR Manager and Finance Manager, Procurement manager;
- Internal - Country Representative, Deputy country representatives, Head of Operations, Global fund staff and project director, and Kinshasa-based operations/programming staff;
- Internal - Regional: CARO Regional Director, DRD/PQ, DRD/Ops, CARO RFO, and CARO Regional Technical Advisors;
- External - Local Church and Caritas partners; Caritas Internationalis (CI) and CI partners; other INGOs; UN Agencies, CCN, PNLP.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in International Development, International Relations or a related field;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience managing high value relief and development programs. Experience in complex development settings preferred;
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing high-value projects from multiple international donors, including USAID, DFID, and UN agencies; knowledge of relevant donor regulations;
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Experience working with Church partners a plus;
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment;
- Ability to represent the agency at high levels;
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions;
- Very good relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally;
- Team leadership abilities;
- Strong communications and presentation skills;
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org