We are looking for a part-time Consultant to coordinate activities that address unmet labor skills in demand from employers in the targeted sectors of the US Agency for International Development’s (USAID’s) Competitiveness, Trade, and Jobs (CTJ) Program focused in Central Asia. To support this goal, the Consultant will engage in a range of activities such as:
- Lead efforts in to identify skills gaps in the three targeted sectors and coordinate short-term trainings;
- Coordinate round tables and workshops to support dialogue on unmet labor skills for the targeted sectors;
- Offer capacity building support to demand-side and supply-side partners on partnership development;
- Collaborate with INGOs, government partners, and technical training institutions to integrate entrepreneurship into TVET curricula;
- Work with local organizations and other USAID programs to expand entrepreneurship skills trainings and opportunities to woman and youth;
- Facilitate partnerships and collaboration between INGO and Government partners working in entrepreneurship training across the region.
The consultant will report to Making Cents’ Vice President for Technical Services based in Washington D.C., and will receive onsite supervision from CTJ Chief of Party and coordinate closely with other CTJ staff.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Advanced degree in the education, economics, policy, international relations/development or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience;
- Substantial experience managing projects, preferably in the workforce development and/or economic opportunities field;
- Practical experience with the development and execution of project work plans;
- Experience in developing partnerships between government, INGOs, training providers, and the private sector preferred.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and intercultural communication skills, credible presence and verbal diplomacy;
- Ability to develop strategies and execute with a high degree of ownership;
- Ability to partner with, and in some cases, lead colleagues on a team;
- Ability to work remotely and access remote assistance;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org