BIO-BASED INDUSTRIES JOINT UNDERTAKING TRAINEESHIP PROGRAMME
SUPPORT TO THE COMMUNICATION TEAM
The Bio-based Industries Joint Undertaking (BBI JU) programme gives trainees an understanding of the BBI JU and its role within the activities of the European Union, enables them to acquire practical knowledge of the BBI JU and its regulatory framework and to obtain a relevant professional experience.
Detailed rules can be found here: https://www.bbi-europe.eu/sites/default/files/documents/bbi-gb-decision-rules-governing-the-traineeship-scheme en.pdf.
The trainee will have an opportunity to:
- Work in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Put into practice knowledge acquired during their studies, particularly in their specific areas of competence.
- Experience professional life and its opportunities, duties and constraints.
- Acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-to-day work of an EU organisation in an international environment.
- The placement is for a maximum period of 6 months.
The BBI JU wishes to host a trainee to support the Communication Team.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TRAINEE:
- Support in creating and maintaining the BBI JU press book;
- Assist with BBI JU’s bio-related products collection;
- Contribute to the preparation and drafting of communication related materials (press releases, publication materials and social media posts);
- Assist in organizing events;
- Support in drafting summaries, notes and briefings;
- Secretarial duties, managing agenda, making appointments, travel arrangements and handling related telephone enquiries;
- Other administrative tasks as required.
The BBI JU pays a monthly grant of EUR 1,159.44 net per month and will pay a travel allowance to compensate the expenses incurred at the beginning and at the end of the traineeship from the place of residence, which is normally the address provided for correspondence. It is recommended to read carefully the detailed rules applicable.
- Candidates have to be nationals of the Member States of the European Union;
- Candidates must have obtained a university degree and have obtained a degree or its equivalent by the closing date for applications. Candidates must provide copies of the diplomas or other relevant certificates;
- Graduated in Communication, EU affairs, journalism & PR, international relations;
- A very good command of oral and written English and one or more other official Union languages;
- Ability to manage priorities, to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in MS Office, in particular, Word processing, Excel spreadsheets, Outlook, PowerPoint;
- Excellent writing skills and proven experience in communications;
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Traineeships is open to applicants who have not previously undertaken a traineeship in a Joint Undertaking;
Interested candidates should send a motivation letter in English together with their CV preferably in the European CV format (see http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu) and a copy of their university degree by e-mail to [email protected] at the latest by Wednesday 26 March 2018 23:59 CET (Central European /Brussels time).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org