The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Senior Associate, Foundation Partnerships - Business Development
Reporting to the Senior Director of Foundation Partnerships, the Senior Associate will support the Foundations Partnerships team in research, strategy, and engagement related to new business development. The Senior Associate will support the development of new business opportunities to aid the Foundation Partnerships team in achieving its annual revenue targets.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Research large institutional foundations based in the United States and assist in the identification of new partnership opportunities that would each generate revenue and ultimately increase support to UNICEF’s lifesaving programs.
- Work with Prospect Development team to identify viable connections to prospective foundation partners
- Screen potential partners to determine opportunity areas for engagement and support
- Develop market assessments and supporting business cases outlining investment opportunities
- Maintain an understanding of the philanthropy landscape – provide suggestions for elevating UNICEF USA in the wider Foundations/philanthropy landscape
- In collaboration with senior leadership and foundations team staff, coordinate the creation of new business development strategies and continuous refinement of existing strategies
- Have a clear understanding of each team member’s grant portfolio, UNICEF and foundation program areas, in order to identify opportunities for collaboration among new partners and/or thoughts leaders
- Ensure consistency and timely updates of research and engagement plans and thematic landscape analyses
- Devise plans for utilizing and communicating with the UNICEF USA regional offices and regional boards
- Attend events where UNICEF and foundation partners will be present to create and expand team connections
- Create visual representations of partner prospects and timelines for engagement
- Work with senior leadership to update financial pipeline to ensure accuracy of revenue likelihood projections
- Manage external and internal requests for information, briefing materials and presentations relating to Foundation Partnerships
- Create and maintain an engagement calendar that includes UNICEF USA events, UNICEF Events, special events, prospective partner events, and track participation aligned with team KPI’s
- Manage partner involvement in UNICEF USA events including development of invite lists, contact details, and briefing materials
- Work across Development and Marketing & Communications teams to make connections that may advance Foundations outreach to new funding streams or partners
- Ensure timely updates of donor information into BBCRM database
- Write and create concept notes, new business slide decks and briefing materials for senior leadership
- Identify opportunities for thought partnerships and lead organization of roundtables and thought partnership events with senior UNICEF USA leadership and key prospective partners
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in business development with demonstrated track record of successfully achieving funding for large-scale projects
- Ability to navigate complex and changing environments
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and networking skills with a track record of building mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while consistently meeting deadlines is essential
- Experience working with international children’s issues is a plus
- Experience with data visualization programs is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; must be skilled internet researcher
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include some weekend and evening commitments
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org