The Washington Institute for Near East Policy is a nonpartisan think tank focused on advancing a balanced and realistic understanding of American interests in the Middle East. We are currently looking for a full-time Development Assistant to assist our Southeast/Midwest Regional Director based in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Provide administrative support to the Southeast/Midwest Regional Director such as booking travel, completing expense reports, draft correspondences, preparing background information on prospective donors or current trustees and other administrative duties as needed
- Utilize fundraising database Raiser's Edge to maintain regional database including data entry, running reports and queries, tracking event attendance, maintaining donor records
- Support donor relations through direct and indirect means (phone calls, emails, mailings, etc.).
- Identify and conduct research on prospective donors as well as outreach and follow-up, including mailing prospect kits and scheduling meetings
- Coordinate and manage speaking engagements between Institute fellows and trustees in the Southeast/Midwest region, including preparing materials, booking scholar travel and hotels, maintaining RSVPS, and working with event locations regarding ordering food, registration and logistics of event
- Conduct foundation research, write foundation reports and grant proposals. Track multi-year gifts for renewals
- Utilize events platform CVENT to create invitations for events
- Work with DC-based communications teams for scheduling and creating event invitations, marketing materials, etc.
- Orchestrate quarterly billing campaigns for donors and trustees in the Southeast/Midwest region and interact with various levels of Institute donors for payment collection
- Work with Regional Director and outside staff to assist in special events
- Work with National Development Department in DC to facilitate donor needs/requests, including close work with Development Operations Manager and other Development Assistants based both in DC and other regions
- Assist with board meeting preparation
- Assist chairman, president, other board members and regional director with Institute duties in the Southeast/Midwest region
- BA/BS in development, communications, business or related field preferred
- Strong administrative support skills
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Ability to work effectively in teams and across organizational lines
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Self-motivated, adept at multi-tasking and prioritizing work
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strength at building and maintaining relationships
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Interest in the mission of The Institute and the Middle East region
- Experience with Raiser's Edge, CVENT helpful, but not required
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and propensity for planning and logistics
The Washington Institute offers its full-time employees a generous benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off, and a retirement savings program.
Learn more about us at www.washingtoninstitute.org.
To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements for consideration.
The Washington Institute is an equal opportunity employer.