The Component Manager on Risk Education/Victims Assistance is desired to be responsible for the management and implementation of the Component. The incumbent will work in close collaboration with KOICA/UNDP Project Manager, Vietnamese Head of Survey and Clearance Division, the Chief Technical Advisor, International Information Management, Planning and Reporting Technical Advisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
Within the delegated authority, the Component Manager is responsible for planning, management and implementation of the Component on Risk Education/Victims Assistance.
- prepare and update quarterly and annual component work plans in the Risk Education/Victims Assistance Divisions, and submit these to the KOICA/UNDP Project Manager for consolidation;
- ensure that all agreements with Responsible Partners (Quang Binh and Binh Dinh Provinces, MOLISA, MOET) are prepared, negotiated and agreed upon;
- draft TORs for key inputs (i.e. personnel, sub-contracts, training, procurement), submits these to the KOICA/UNDP Project Manager for consolidation, and administers the mobilization of such inputs;
- with respect to external project responsible partners in Risk Education/Victims Assistance:
- ensure that these responsible partners mobilize and deliver the inputs in accordance with their letters of agreement or contracts; and
- provide overall supervision and/or coordination of their work to ensure the production, quality and timeliness of the expected outputs.
- assume direct responsibility for managing the component budget for Risk Education/Victims Assistance by ensuring that:
- Funds are made available when needed, and are disbursed properly;
- Expenditures are in accordance with the component document and/or existing component work plan;
- Accounting records and supporting documents are kept;
- Required financial reports are prepared;
- Financial operations are transparent and financial procedures/regulations for DIM projects are properly applied; and
- S/he is ready to stand up to audits at any time.
- assume direct responsibility for managing the physical resources (e.g. vehicles, office equipment, furniture, stationary…) provided to the project by KOICA;
- draft component progress reports of various types (e.g. quarterly report, annual report, and the Final Project Report) for Risk Education/Victims Assistance areas as scheduled, and organizes review meetings and evaluation missions in the coordination with KOICA/UNDP Project Manager; discuss regularly to and keeps the KOICA/UNDP Project Manager up-to-date on Component progress, implementing issues, emerging risks/problems as well as suggests to him/her necessary remedial actions.
The key results have an impact on the success of UNDP interventions in the particular area of risks education/victim assistance and the strengthened capacity in administration of the relevant Government Ministries and Agencies in the area.
- Master degree on law, public governance, administrative reform or equivalent.
- General knowledge of substantive matters that are addressed by the project. Have at least five years’ working experience in the UXO area, in particular Risk Education/Victims Assistance;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in project management;
- Knowledge of gender and practical experience of gender mainstreaming in the activities;
- Good inter-personal and team building skills;
- Familiarity with technical assistance projects and UNDP programme in Viet Nam is an asset.
- Fluency in English and national language of the duty station.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org