Established in 1994, the Guarini Institute for Government and Leadership at Saint Peter’s University provides a non-partisan forum for discussion and analysis of key public policy issues and encourages students to pursue careers in public service. As chief administrator of the Institute, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall administration of the Institute’s activities and the growth and development of the Institute’s audience and resource base. The Executive Director works in close alignment and collaboration with Academic Affairs, the Political Science Department, the Office of Advancement and External Affairs and University Communications. The Institute is named for the Honorable Frank J. Guarini, who ably served the University’s congressional district for fourteen years and who has been a leader and pioneer in Jersey City for decades.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs, plans, promotes and executes internal and external Institute events, ranging from small classroom/academic experiences to large-scale, public events that attract a broad, statewide audience.
• Works to develop and grow an external audience that will yield heightened visibility and awareness of the Institute’s programming and thought leadership.
• Manages the budget for the Institute and works in alignment with the Office of Advancement and External Affairs to identify, strategize and pursue support from external funders, developing a lasting resource base for the Institute.
• Develops and manages an advisory board.
• Collaborates with the political science department on the Harvard Model U.N. program, the High School Model U.N. program and collaborates with the dean of the College of Arts and Sciences in producing campus activities for Constitution Day.
• Manages the Guarini Institute brand and works collaboratively with University Communications to ensure its activities are publicized widely in the community and covered whenever possible by media outlets.
• Creates, cultivates and maintains positive relationships and partnerships within the local, regional and state political and business communities that will contribute to the growth and success of both the Institute and University.
• Develops a strategic plan ensuring the Institute’s continued growth and visibility.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the President, Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs and Vice President for Advancement and External Affairs.
Education: Master’s degree required
Background in political science, government, economics or international relations is required. The Executive Director must have excellent communication and planning skills and fundraising/development experience is highly desired.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org