BACKGROUND When many good initiatives were taken in the past through different departments to support field team facing the chemical weapon threat, it has been clearly identify the necessity to better structured, clarified –through coordination- our response with an inclusive answer taking into consideration the change of context we face today but also all spectra of a response (medical, logistic, HR) and not consider only such threat as a medical issue.
There is a clear desire from the ops department to develop a comprehensive response facing such threat including all necessary steps with the support of all relevant departments.
The main objective of this position is to develop and set up all necessary steps of the strategical response necessary to build and embed such culture within OCB.
As a member of the Risk Management Unit (RMU), she/he is belonging to the Operation (OPS) department.
By consequence, the project coordinator for the chemical weapon reports regularly to the MSF-OCB Security Focal Point on the status of the project.
Based on scenarios validated by DIROPS, under the responsibility of the Security Focal Point and in link with our external expert:
- To develop our capacity of the risk analysis on the chemical weapons threat, including developing a proper network inside and outside MSF OCB for pre identified context to collect info about the threat.
- To develop specific trainings to reinforce knowledge and skills on preventive and reactive measure towards field and HQ staff (Through trainings already existing and/or creation of specific one if required)
- To assure the coherency of EPREP plan for different scenarios in terms of material, resources.
- To assure the coherency of the process of validation for the different technical solutions with the different departments (Logistic/Medical) in support of the ops.
- To plan a proper handover to respective departments in order to ensure ownership of all entities in their respective parts to promote an embedded culture of respond for such threat.
- Previous experience(minimum 2 years) with MSF as Field Co or Head of Mission is mandatory
- Experienced in volatile contexts
- Strong interest in the risk management field of activity
- Experience in coaching and training of staff
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to set priorities and organize his/her own work
- Fluent written and spoken English and French
- To have a good leadership
- Ability to work both autonomously and with a team
- Strong capacity to work under pressure
- To be result oriented
- Capacity to obtain the cooperation of all level of management from all type of departments
- To have a good sense of humour
- 6 months fixed-term HQ contract - full time – Based in Brussels
- Hospital Insurance (DKV) - Pension plan – Canteen – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Starting date: immediate
To apply, please, provide:
- Motivation letter: why are you interested by the job? Why do you think you are qualified?
Documents should be sent to Carole COEUR, Risk Management Unit, Operations Department, Rue de l’Arbre Bénit 46, 1050 Brussels. Email: [email protected]
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org