Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The External Relations department leads Creative’s government affairs, outreach, and external positioning functions. The department works across technical divisions and practice areas to support alignment between business development strategies, U.S. government priorities, and donor funding. Housed within the Office of the President and CEO, External Relations regularly advances external engagements at the executive level. The Coordinator contributes significantly to the success of the External Relations team in advancing Creative’s position as a thought leader and preferred implementing partner for international development programming.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Coordinator will report to the Manager, External Relations.
- The External Relations team receive timely, effective administrative support to ensure the department and all external events run efficiently.
- External Relations priorities are well defined and reflected in their one-on-one and group internal and/or external meetings.
- External Relations team receive the support necessary to advance Creative’s priorities.
The External Relations Coordinator, will:
- Maintain a working and current knowledge of the legislative and budget appropriations process, Congressional committee business, and updated Congressional contact target list;
- Work independently to support the preparation of federal budget process, donor priority, and related reports to monitor appropriations for donor departments and agencies;
- Be responsible for coordination of event planning and logistics for team meetings, events, and conferences as needed for internal and external audiences;
- Prepare and coordinate agendas, information, minutes and other pertinent items for business meetings;
- Serve as initial point of contact for team – administer correspondence, manage incoming calls, and prioritize phone messages, emails and mail – handle all calls and visitors with grace, sophistication and professionalism;
- Liaise with and maintain a current knowledge of program divisions, technical areas, and bid strategies and initiatives, observing general and business development meetings and attending relevant internal events;
- Exercise discretion with sensitive information;
- Support the preparation of quarterly Measures of Success reports and annual business plans;
- Provide daily administrative support to the team on tasks that may include:
- Entertaining requests requiring executive approval and consideration;
- Managing calendar and scheduling meetings;
- Processing monthly and travel expense reports;
- Coordinating travel arrangements;
- Maintaining files and records;
- Processing vendor payments;
- Write error-free, eloquent emails and letters for various events and announcements; and
- Provide support for other initiatives or tasks as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, or an applicable field of study;
- A minimum of 1-year of professional experience, preferably in a political, issue-advocacy or international setting;
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, attention to detail and flexible work style;
- Excellent analytical and proactive problem-solving skills;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint;
- Superior verbal and written communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a service-oriented approach;
- Handle multiple tasks with detail and precision to meet defined deadlines;
- Flexibility to transition rapidly and seamlessly between projects;
- Ability to work independently and organize time effectively; and
- Experience and maturity to handle confidential and/or sensitive materials and records with a high degree of integrity and discretion.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working on Capitol Hill;
- Demonstrated budgeting and financial monitoring skills;
- Experience working with either USAID or State Department; and
- Fluency in a second language.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org