RFE/RL is looking for an experienced Russia-focused journalist with a proven track record writing compelling features and analysis to join its English-language newsroom. The ideal candidate will have a good eye for a story, excellent writing and reporting skills, and the ability to deliver sharply written analysis on a wide variety of Russia-centric topics. S/he will be a keen follower of the Russian Internet; a strong social media presence is also desirable. S/he will also be comfortable in front of camera – whether it’s for a Facebook instant analysis of a news event, or an appearance as an in-house Russia expert on RFE/RL language-service programs. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious journalist to reach a broad regional and international audience. The position is based in Prague with some opportunity for travel.
- Pitches and delivers engaging, original stories and analysis
- Final product can include, but is not limited to, news, full-length features, interviews, explainers, analyses, video scripts
- Uses personal social media accounts to spread stories and help grow RFE/RL’s audience.
- Is available during important, breaking news events beyond regular working hours.
- Education in Journalism or related field.
- Minimum eight years’ journalistic experience.
- Deep knowledge of Russia and post-Soviet space.
- Willingness to work across mediums and formats (from writing, to live videos, explainers, etc.)
- Ability to carry out independent reporting from the field involving foreign travel.
- Ability to work under pressure while juggling tight deadlines.
- Ability to deliver quality, accurate products with minimal supervision.
- Expertise in working with social media platforms
- Comfortable on camera.
- English language (native fluency)
- Russian language (advanced)
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org