The UN Foundation currently leads the Universal Access Project (UAP) (http://www.universalaccessproject.org/), which works to empower girls and women by improving their access to reproductive health and family planning globally. Our vision is a world where girls, women and their families are empowered and healthy. UAP partners with a community of donors and NGOs to strengthen U.S. support for access to reproductive health and family planning globally by:
- Advocating for more money, better spent for international reproductive health and family planning.
- Communicating the importance of reproductive health and rights, including family planning information and services, for women, families, communities, and global development.
- Convening organizations to increase coordination and enhance the overall strategy to improve advocacy.
Support to the Executive Director:
- Draft, edit, and send internal and external correspondence.
- Create and maintain filing system for all documents.
- Handle all scheduling items, including weekly and international travel, meetings, and events.
- In accordance with UNF Travel Policy, coordinate travel for Executive Director, UAP including preparing travel authorizations, registration for conferences, reimbursements and coordinating transportation and lodging.
- Open mail and organize based on urgency/priority.
- Prepare monthly American Express and other expense reports.
Program Support to the UAP:
- Provide research, writing and design support for UAP collateral including talking points, briefing notes for senior staff, programmatic one-pagers and other materials, both online and in print.
- Assist in gathering content from grantees, UN partners, and existing UAP content and coordinate with Communications team as needed to ensure that content is leveraged for UN Foundation storytelling and resource mobilization.
- Work closely with Senior Program Officer on quarterly and yearly reporting, meeting reporting deadlines.
- Represent UAP at relevant meetings, conferences, workshops, and other events, as directed.
- Explore with supervisor opportunities to implement projects that support professional growth and development.
- Identify, explore, and implement creative online and social media strategies and make recommendations for content and online communications tools.
- Assist with maintenance of UAP’s website including maintaining content and monthly metrics reports.
- Work with IT Team to maintain current knowledge of website hosting services and payments
- Regularly design and schedule content for social media outlets, including Twitter, in coordination with the UAP Communications team.
- Support social media strategy and concepts for new, innovative content, and lead on key social moments.
- Monitor, analyze, and report out on web and social media metrics.
- Create and distribute share graphics and social media toolkits for UAP team.
- Support the development of events for key stakeholders and audiences.
- Draft invitations and prepare invitation lists.
- Lead on program event logistics such as décor, catering, transportation, location, equipment, etc., liaising with Events team as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with UNF event processes, including travel authorization forms, contracts, and payments.
- Support the planning of international press fellowships, including coordinating team travel, on-the-ground logistics, research on locations, technology and equipment, contracts, reimbursements, expense reports, and more as needed.
Contracts and Grants Support to the UAP:
- Support team members through the approval process for contracts, grants, and payments
- Shepherd and track contracts and invoices through final payment.
General Support for UAP Team:
- Collect, organize, edit, and distribute bi-weekly foundation updates for senior-staff.
- Create agenda for weekly team meetings, take and distribute notes.
- Input UAP contacts into Salesforce and update information as necessary.
- Coordinate meeting logistics including reserving rooms and ordering food and break-down.
- Participate in the UAP’s strategic planning.
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field.
- One to three years of professional experience in administration and/or program experience.
- Interest, knowledge or work experience in women’s human rights, public health, international affairs, or closely related international development field desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated excellence working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle many projects at once is a must.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage time effectively.
- Strong professional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Sense of humor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SalesForce database programs a plus.
- Knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Previous meeting or event planning experience a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness schedule
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org