GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Role Summary: The Sr Cyber Investigator will be part of a dynamic, growing team, planning, preparing, hunting for, and responding to cyber incidents stemming from internal threat actors. Demonstration of leadership abilities in a large corporate environment as well as a strong comprehension of insider threat tactics/methods, data loss prevention processes/tools, and calculating risk will be critical to success.
- Monitor a wide array of diverse information sources and internal data loss indicators for potential threats to GE’s personnel, infrastructure and operations
- Focus on the protection of information systems assets, corporate information and intellectual property assets in order to prevent the intentional or inadvertent access, modification, disclosure, or destruction of those assets
- Research relevant intelligence feeds and contextualize findings to GE’s specific business risks
- Identify indicator patterns, test, and develop algorithms of intellectual property loss
- Work independently when necessary and be self-directed when appropriate
- Collaborate with management in developing risk mitigation techniques, setting objectives and setting realistic and challenging goals
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science, information security, political science, international relations, security studies or regional studies
- Minimum 3 years in cyber security, insider threat, cyber intelligence, data security, business intelligence
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Must be able to successfully pass requirements for Secret (S) level clearance Desired Characteristics:
- Experience with data analysis tools—Xcel (basic data analysis), Splunk, Analyst Notebook (social network analysis), SIsense (business intelligence), and collaborative analytics tools
- Ability to set and manage expectations with key stakeholders and team members
- Strong ability to prioritize and execute with minimal direction or oversight
- Exceptional critical thinking, writing, and presentation skills that properly qualify assessments with concise, relevant, and accurate communications
- Proven track record of successfully managing and executing on short term and long-term projects and the ability to establish rapport with various roles (executive management to deeply technical)
- Desired background working in government intelligence or cyber intelligence
- CISSP, CISM or related SANs certifications, or relevant technical experience preferred
- Foundational cyber skills: Networking (TCP/IP, UDP, Routing); Applications (HTTP, SMTP, DNS, FTP, SSH,etc..); Encryption (DES, AES, RSA) and hashing algorithms (MD5, SHA-1, etc.); System/Application vulnerabilities and exploitation; Operating systems (Windows, *Nix, and Mac)Cloud technology (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS), and malware or behaviors exploiting these system
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org