Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI, and demonstrating the core values in their day-to-day operations.
The Senior Program Associate provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs in the Eurasia Region.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Supports the Program Officer (and/or Program Manager or Senior Program Manager/Officer) to implement grant(s) and ensure grant compliance, including logistical support for program activities and events.
- Maintains an understanding of funder and IRI policies and procedures related to grant compliance and oversight.
- Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved.
- Tracks spending and regularly updates budget tracker; cross-references with PSR on monthly basis and interacts with appropriate Project Accountant and other Accounting staff.
- Assists in monitoring program activities related to the approved grant work plan.
- Support efforts to evaluate and uses information related to the approved grant work plan.
- Drafts quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders.
- Participates in budget analysis on a regular basis.
- Contributes to and supports aspects of the proposal development process for new funding opportunities, including the development of new program ideas.
- Supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans on projects assigned, including drafts and updates program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc.
- Travels as needed for program support and implementation.
- Participates in cross-functional teams and initiatives (optional).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in international development or related field, or graduate degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills.
- Fluency in Russian Ukrainian or other Eurasian Regional Language
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org